You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary you’ll provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
You will also have Scrum manager responsibility for the application development teams.You will work with our business stakeholders to plan sprints, track progress throughout the cycle, and facilitate & manager regular agile lifecycle ceremonies with the team.
- In this stage, release managers will design release guidelines that should be implemented across the company. Release planning:
- Release managers will oversee the various aspects of a project before it is due to be deployed, ensuring all teams are on track and meeting the agreed guidelines. Configuring releases:
- The quality of the release needs to be reviewed before a project is officially launched. The release manager is in charge of ensuring Quality Assurance teams know the guidelines of the project and will check that these standards are met. Quality Checks:
- After being quality checked, the project is ready to be deployed. The release manager is still responsible for ensuring a project is rolled out smoothly and efficiently. Deployment:
Release Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Communicate the project-related tasks such as plans, timelines, requirements, etc. between different teams.
- Coordinate the release schedule and resources required depending upon the third-party applications, defect backlogs, planned releases, and infrastructure updates.
- Identify the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected.
- Track the progress and find issues, if any. Always work to improve the process of release.
- Make sure that the release is planned, according to the requirements and budget.
- Schedule the release readiness reviews before deployment and milestone reviews after each release.
- Create plans for the implementation and deployment as per the release schedule.
- Plan and give weekly updates on the release activities
- Make sure the allocation of Release Engineers to every release.
- Communicate with release managers from different IT departments.
- Lead the Go-Live activities to deploy the software successfully.
- Team up with relevant development teams responsible for building the automation tools used to develop and deploy the software.
- Schedule the CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team and find roadblocks, if any.
- Maintain documentation related to procedures on build and release, various notifications lists, and dependencies.
- Make improvements in the methodologies used for configuration management and development of software that helps to find ways to use in configuration management.
Qualifications of Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years of experience managing releases and schedule management with strong background in system analysis and development lifecycle
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in using Collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence, and MS Office Tools
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in building release metrics and dashboards
- 2+ years of Project Management or Team Lead experience
- Strong leadership, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work across team to drive release timelines and quality
- Scrum Master Certified (obtained or willingness to complete training)
- Advanced knowledge of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Wichita, KS, USA