FLEETCOR is a profitable, $2.6B publicly traded provider of business payment solutions. We operate in over 100 countries and help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment. Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary divisions or ways we go to market: Fuel, Corporate Payments, Lodging, Tolls and Gift.
About the role:
Credit and risk management are core to what the company does and as we look to double our business over the next 3-5 years we are seeking a Business Rules Developer responsible for Rules Engine Development, Unit Testing, and Deployments within the Risk team. In this role, you will serve as the subject matter expert tasked with managing existing business rules strategies and implementing new rules and statistical models like Machine Learning Models, Gradient Boosting Models etc. This position reports into the VP of Risk Systems based in Atlanta.
Here is what you own and are responsible for:
- Develop as a Subject Matter Expert becoming an expert on risk decisioning systems, business rules and processes that allow the company to make better decisions on which customers to approve.
- Interface with business owners, PMO and external resources to analyze and transform detailed Business Requirements Document (BRD) into Functional Requirements Document (FRD).
- Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by defining the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance.
- Implementation of new rules and rule flows
- Review the current environment and recommend upgrades and changes to enhance performance
- Support model updates and strategy implementation process
- Develop automated test scenarios
- Produce post-implementation documentation for lessons learned and recommended changes.
If you were here the last 3-6 months here are some of the things you would have worked on and delivered:
- We are looking to upgrade our Business Rules Management system to the latest release. You would be a critical part in ensuring this upgrade is completed successfully (no bugs, roll backs etc) AND in a timely manner.
- We are looking to expand our models and upgrade existing models. You will be critical for implementing models, testing, and rolling them out.
- We are looking to launch new products including a new expense/purchase card and revolving cards but with significantly higher limits and re-payment terms than we offer today. You will be the critical in implementing the rules, and strategies for this product.
- We need to develop a new state of the art QA testing process and you would be responsible for standing up this process.
Traits we seek:
- Ownership Mindset: We want you to treat Rules Engine like your own and run it with a high degree of initiative and passion.
- Leadership Traits: You are humble and yet driven. Humility means many things but being able to admit your mistakes so we can move faster, acknowledging when you don’t know or need help so we can, again, move faster are a few examples. You speak your truth but know that “how” you say something is as important as “what” you say.
- Team Building Skills: This is an individual contributor role to start with but your success is tied to being a collaborative. You have the ability to establish trust by putting other people first, influence positively, communicate clearly and have a high “say-do”.
- Hands On and Detailed Oriented: You must enjoy reading and contributing to BRDs. You must enjoy understanding the full business process and the technology stack. You must enjoy building and testing rules.
- Business Acumen: You have strong business acumen which means a few things like (i) ability to think strategically, frame for success and execute tactically (ii) understand how to prioritize most important and (iii) deliver results over short, medium and long term etc.
- Required: Minimum of 2, with 5+ being preferred, years of Business Rules Management Systems (BRMS) experience.
- Required: Hands on experience with any BRMS, Excel and PowerPoint
- Required: Experience with SQL
- Preferred: Experience of scripting language (Lua or Python)
- Preferred: Experience of Finance Industry
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.8B Annual Revenue
- 800,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 9,700+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2021)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks
Create better ways for businesses and their partners to pay their expenses
FLEETCOR will continue double-digit revenue growth by executing on four growth planks:
- Sell More New Clients. FLEETCOR will continue growing sales by investing more in proven sales channels and bringing more prospects into the funnel.
- Increase Revenue per Client. FLEETCOR will continue increasing its share of customer wallets through network expansion and cross-sell of add-on solutions.
- "Beyond" Adjacent Segments. FLEETCOR will continue extending its existing business into adjacent spaces to broaden its market opportunity.
- Launch New Platform Business. FLEETCOR has launched its "new platform business" integration "Expense Management & AP/Vendor Payments" solutions into one bundled software platform.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Norcross, GA, USA