Lead Java Developer
Software Development Team Lead
The Software Development Team Lead is a hands-on role responsible for leading the efforts of an agile team that’s deeply engaged in design, development, and implementation of core parts of the FleetCor next generation billing system – the Core Systems Transformation project (CTX).
CTX is a highly visible and collaborative development effort involving multiple teams, host systems, and technologies.
You will be aiding in the adoption of test-driven development and participate in behavior-driven development, designing using SOLID principles, conducting code reviews, and relying on automated testing to enhance the manual quality assurance and regression testing efforts.
You will regularly collaborate with stakeholders, other agile teams, and various operations groups, serving as a team liaison and partner. Your hands-on knowledge of design, development, coding, and testing across various technology domains will be counted on to solve complex and mission-critical problems.
- Translates high-level requirements into detailed technical designs, leading technical discussions, collaborating with other technologists, architects and infrastructure experts
- Ensures adherence of the team development efforts to business requirements, architecture principles, quality and security standards
- Leads the development team hands-on from the frontlines, participates in Scrum ceremonies, helps to remove roadblocks, adheres to Agile practices
- Proactively identifies system improvement opportunities, embraces a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Conducts technical research, generating POCs for new technologies, software components and tools, documenting adoption path and usage, and mentoring junior team members
- Organizes troubleshooting discussions, code fixes and rapid response to production issues
- Reports to the Application Development Manager, assisting with the team in accomplishing the larger cross-team project objectives
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/related field or equivalent experience
- Eight+ years’ experience in software development technologies
Required Knowledge & Skill
- Hands-on Team Lead, architect and Java development experience using J2EE, Spring framework, Hibernate framework and REST API technologies
- Hands-on coding experience interfacing with REST APIs (Swagger, consuming and providing REST APIs for internal / external clients etc.)
- Strong familiarity with Microservice-based application architecture
- Experience working with SQL databases. Experience working with one of the following databases is a plus: Oracle, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working with No-SQL databases is a plus (AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB etc.)
- Experience working with message processing systems or data streaming is a plus (AWS SQS, Apache Kafka etc.)
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud technologies (e.g. S3, autoscaling, experience building resilient and scalable applications)
- Experience working with Kubernetes or OpenShift is a plus
- Understanding of the concepts of SOLID, TDD, BDD and hands-on experience with automated testing frameworks such as Cucumber
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience is required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with internal and external customers, team members, other teams and corporate functions, and management
- Ability to lead and coach others
- Advanced technical and analytical skills required to diagnose, isolate and resolve problems
- Experience in FinTech industry a plus
- - Possesses sustained energy to set and meet challenging objectives; the ability to organize resources to achieve a standard of excellence in outcomes and monitor on-going performance.
- - The ability to effectively share ideas, thoughts, information and feelings with a diverse range of audiences to develop two-way understanding; it includes speaking, listening and written communication skills; the ability to influence other towards a desired way of thinking or course of action and to secure agreement to achieve common goals through effective negotiation.
- - Is open and receptive to appropriate change; the ability to manage and shift priorities as required, and to incorporate new approaches in support of changing organizational needs; possesses confidence in challenging the status quo and providing input to change efforts.
- - A desire to help or meet the needs of customers; the ability to respond to changing needs of the customer while maintaining a high standard of quality and adhering to company policies, standards, practices and processes.
- - Is able to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with customers and co-workers; able to work cooperatively across organizational boundaries to achieve shared goals; possesses an understanding of team dynamics and provides tangible contributions to teams, fostering collaboration and an environment of mutual trust and respect.
- - The ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; it includes leveraging these contacts to influence positive outcomes for the business.
- - Maintains a commitment to personal and professional development, keeping abreast of current professional knowledge; is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve.
- - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; able to think critically; to recognize and anticipate a problem (technical, operational, process, organizational) and to identify and implement the best solution in a timely manner.
- - Establishes plans and manages resources to ensure work is completed efficiently, on time and on budget.
- - Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s motives and representations and those of the organization; is seen as direct, truthful, keeps confidences, promises and commitments; acts in an honest and trustworthy manner based on personal accountability and moral conviction to do the right thing.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary