Executive Vice President, Commercial Card Sales – Corpay, North America
FLEETCOR is seeking to recruit an Executive Vice President (EVP) of Commercial Card Sales for the North American Corpay business. The sales teams are vital to FLEETCOR’s organic growth and help provide “a better way to pay” for B2B clients in North America.
Corpay North America is one of the fastest growing and important divisions of FLEETCOR, a dedicated commercial payments company on the S&P 500, Fortune 1000, and Forbes Most Innovative companies. Corpay North America has a comprehensive suite of payment solutions to compete in a large and underserved market.
The EVP of Sales will be critical member of the Corpay leadership team and will immediately be responsible for a $50MM+ multi-channel sales plan.
The EVP Sales must be a proven and successful sales leader. S/he should also have demonstrated leadership capabilities in change management, delivering measurable results, and creating a high-performing team and culture. The EVP Sales will oversee large sales teams across multiple lines of business.
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Continual training and development of all members of the sales department.
- Designing a distribution model to attack multiple market segments.
- Working on account management plans with the sales account managers.
- Crafting compensation & incentive models to motivate the organization to meeting company revenue and profitability objectives.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Spotting market opportunities for new customers.
- Managing all aspects of recruitment and selection for the sales department.
- Representing the sales function with key constituents such as Product, Marketing, IT, and Operations.
- Acting as a spokesperson for the organization at sales events and conferences.
- Networking with other directors in order to generate new business for the company
- Monthly reporting on sales performance against budget and reporting on variances.
- Identifying, motivating, and rewarding sales representatives within a culture of success.
- Lead the team to exceed sales targets while minimizing cost of acquisition targets
- Create a highly motivated management and sales environment
- Work with sales management and key partners to develop ongoing coaching and development tools for sales reps
- Incorporate and employ emerging technologies to fully enable sales engagement and marketing automation with respect to lead development and engagement of prospective customers
- Develop and oversee a sales support infrastructure focused on enabling sales performance
The successful EVP Sales must have proven senior-level sales leadership experience, as well as experience building a high-performance sales team and implementing positive culture change across and organization. The EVP Sales will also be responsible for leading the ideation, development, and execution of sales strategies to meet short- and long-term sales and profit goals. The EVP Sales will be an energetic and positive executive who can build a highly motivated and high-performance team from top to bottom.
- Previous experience successfully managing sales teams ideally in the commercial payments space.
- Professional sales training would be a strong advantage.
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business.
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of B2B field sales experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Sales Management in a high growth financial technology business. Experience should be focused on selling B2B products to mid-size corporate clients, financial institutions, and/or payment institutions.
- Transformational leadership experience with proven track record of driving results and leading in both large global services organizations and startup environments
- Direct experience and responsibility for developing and managing a large outbound field sales and tele-sales lead generation organization is critical
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
- Metrics driven with strong analytical skills to facilitate business decisions
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the work done; enthusiastic, positive and hardworking attitude; ability and desire to work on tactical as well as strategic assignments
- Creative and innovative
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills written, verbal, and presentation
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects, with changing priorities, in a fast paced and results oriented global environment
- Highly motivated, results oriented, team player with excellent analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills; a sense of urgency is required
- Ability to build relationships across the organization and to work in a matrix environment
The Person – Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- Acts with integrity to achieve goals and reach targets.
- Creates a level of expectation of quality.
- Holds team and business leaders accountable.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure the team is achieving results and is mentored or developed in areas that are challenging.
- Tests to see if goals are meaningful and sufficiently challenging and is able to quickly detect and provide corrective action for deviations.
- Adopts a long-term perspective about FLEETCOR’s sales call centers and growth opportunities.
- Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for North American Payments Business-Corpay.
- Explains specifically how changes in competitors, clients, and market segments may affect FLEETCOR’s approach sales.
- Builds truly collaborative processes and teams which share in decisions and outcomes.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders and meets or connects with each of them; is engaging with all parties to shape the best solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people to “connect the dots” and create new opportunities for shared success.
The EVP Sales must possess a mix of strong technical skills and demonstrated business acumen. Key leadership traits are:
- Adaptability; brings out the best in all associates in a multi-generational environment and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Passion; creates a sense of urgency and fun while driving sales results.
- Straightforward, collaborative, and non-political personality and leadership style, with strong influence, facilitation, and problem-solving skills.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Executive
- Pay Type Salary
- 5301 Maryland Way, Brentwood, TN 37027, USA