Customer Relationship Specialist
The CRS owns, manages and maintains client relationships to ensure superior customer service. The CRS will be responsible for actively engaging the client to create a positive experience and promote the sustained use of our services.The CRS will work directly with clients to provide day to day support, problem resolution, research and analysis and will also be responsible for all client communication, including, but not limited to, emails, faxes and phone calls.
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships and proactively manage accounts to provide exceptional customer service
- Work closely as a liaison between the customer, sales and the operations team
- Proactive, professional, customer focused management of client fuel tax filing and reports
- Provide resourceful solutions for client requests and process issues
- Analyze data in conjunction with support staff
- Communicate and coordinate with clients to ensure timely completion of reports and tax filings per the established calendar
- Maintain current client contact information, including processing instructions
- Coordinate with operations team to provide ad hoc reports and/or information upon client request
- Occasional travel
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- 1+ year strong customer relations experience preferred
- Excellent basic math and data entry skills required
- Superior telephone and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, and Outlook) required
- 1+ years’ experience working with/preparing taxes is an asset
- Strong relationship management skills
- Service oriented mentality
- Strong communication both written and verbal
- Reliable team member
- Action oriented mentality
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
CRS Activities – Activity Detail
- Communication with clients to ensure smooth transition to new service format
- Customer set up / onboarding
- Where the relationship starts- make a good first impression – professional, informed, helpful
- Provide an introduction to the company, to fuel tax, to yourself, to the services/areas where you can assist them
- Provide training to customer contact:calendar datesand why they’re important, how to read and use the reports provided, their responsibilities regarding the data and returns
- Build relationship with client contact
- Schedule and hold phone calls with every client on a regular basis(TBD based on client assignments - not less than 1x/mo each)
- Establish and sustain working rapport with client contact
- Offer information and updates to client contact re: IFTA requirements, industry trends, etc.
- Maintain and update client contact info
- Some travel as needed to maintain relationships
- Processing Activities
- Work on data entry issues escalated up by OS
- Retrieve preliminary reports run by OS
- Review and create issues spreadsheet for client; email to client
- Issues may include unfilled gaps, invalid unit #, MPG outside set parameters, fuel/no miles
- Act upon any feedback from client on issues spreadsheet
- Review tax returns (IFTA and/or weight distance/HUT) and billing as necessary for familiarity
- Receive coaching/training/continuing education as available or deemed necessary by manager
- For example: may include instruction to enhance computer skills, education on IFTA/IRP guidelines and practices, review of phone scripts as needed
- Coordinate with OS to provide other reports or information as needed/requested by client
- Assist Audit Support staff with client information / background in the event of an audit
About the Company
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Service
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brentwood, TN, USA