Director of Engineering
FLEETCOR (NYSE: FLT) is a leading global provider of workforce payment products and specialized payment services for businesses throughout the world. FLEETCOR’s payment programs enable businesses to better manage and control spending and provide card-accepting merchants with a high-volume customer base that can increase their sales and customer loyalty. FLEETCOR’s product lines include fuel, lodging, tolls and corporate payments.
Corpay recently joined FLEETCOR’s Corporate Payments business line. Corpay’s state-of-the-art technology is boldly changing payments by providing straightforward, cloud-based software that automates B2B payments for all payment types – saving our customers money and valuable resources. Our growing business offers our team exciting challenges and opportunities to develop, collaborate and create daily. We hire team players who want to be part of something exceptional and are looking to focus on the customer and innovative solutions.
DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
Engineering •Corpay Headquarters, Beaverton, OR
The Engineering Director is responsible for management and work of Corpay’s software engineering teams (managers, developers, architect, quality assurance and site reliability engineers) Main responsibilities include workflow design and management and collaborating with engineering team managers and internal departments on process, needs, strategy and work. This position requires a deep understanding of our product capabilities, customer’s needs, process, and technology; it drives the operation and development of our products through team work on infrastructure, product enhancements, customer integrations or new product development. The Director of Engineering must have a solid command of a modern technology stack and exceptional communication, collaboration, and development skills.
Manage and develop an engineering management team, including:
- Building, Training and Supporting a team of Engineering Managers
- Hiring, leading and mentoring team members.
- Ensuring highest levels of job satisfaction by setting goals, job expectations, responsibilities and targets.
- Ensuring team is involved in process identification and changes, participating in actively learning and meeting roadmap and project goals.
- Establishing and tracking agile process, planning, milestones, and deployment to ensure departmental success.
- Providing leadership, technical expertise, and career development for team members.
- Having technical discussions with team members to agree on product scope and delivery schedules. Track delivery schedule and related dependencies
- Collaborate with team and best in class methods for software development
- Confer with various groups to design project and to obtain information on needs, limitations and capabilities, related projects, performance requirements and interfaces. Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and strategy constraints.
- Other projects, collaboration with other departments and stakeholders and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of architectural and design patterns
- Solid working knowledge of current technologies including object-oriented analysis and design practices (object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- Experience with cloud-based technologies.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies (Agile, CMM, Scrum, Lean, etc.); ability to lead team in these methodologies.
- Accounts Payable Automation, Financial Technology or Payment Industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated team leadership with forward-thinking process and solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Leadership — Ability to effectively engage, influence and motivate a team through positive example, development and communication. The ability to delegate responsibility and work to others and coach them to develop their capabilities, provide feedback, share information, manage performance, set goals, motivate team and address performance problems.
- Engineering, Programming and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services. Writing computer programs for various purposes. Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes. Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system. Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, stories, and models.
- Critical Thinking, Reasoning and Persuasion— Using logic and reasoning to recognize details of situations, identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Persuading others to change their minds or behavior or to try new approaches. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events). Ability to identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts. Advanced problem-solving skills in analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience. Talking to others to convey information effectively. Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents. Professional level written and verbal communication skills and exceptional relationship building skills. Exceptional written and oral expression and comprehension, including excellent presentation skills with an ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions.
- People and Inclusion — Always striving to drive our business forward by positive and direct communication, collaboration, respect, acceptance and professionalism. Understanding how to give and receive feedback, manage conflict positively and work productively with others to solve problems.
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on specific area of business with established practices and procedures; job affects all roles and activities. Must work with operational timeframes but be flexible to changing priorities. Responsible for ensuring technical procedures and compliance standards are met.
- Work affects flow, information, process, work and decisions of others and is operational and strategic in nature.
- Job has supervisory responsibility. Requires leadership, teamwork, deep technical skills, analysis and knowledge and application of data.
- Contacts are made inside the organization. Internal contacts include the Operations, Implementation, Executive, Sales and other teams, leads and managers.
- Position requires contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on data collection, problem solving, needs analysis and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both in person or electronically.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Leadership, technical development, strategic movement and problem-solving are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
Progression: Executive Management
WORKING FOR CORPAY
Corpay is a growing company that values people. We offer many perks outside of the challenging and satisfying work– a new facility near Portland, Oregon; competitive pay and paid benefits; generous time off policy; flexible dress code; snack and drink pantry; and much more. Our environment is comfortable and welcoming with many common areas and the ability to communicate and solve problems across departments. We are proud of the work we do to help other companies but also value work-life balance.
Corpay is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Beaverton, OR, USA
- Portland, OR, USA