SVP – Head of Marketing for Corpay
FLEETCOR is seeking to recruit an SVP – Head of Marketing for the Corpay business.
Corpay Payables is one of the fastest growing and most important divisions of FLEETCOR. We provide companies with a smarter way to track, manage and pay their expenses. Our products eliminate manual and disjointed processes, and deliver digital payments with speed and controls that minimize risk (www.corpay.com).
- : Our solutions help automate accounts payable functions to improve operational efficiency, enhance control and visibility, mitigate risks, and prevent fraud, allowing A/P to focus on more important tasks.
- Over 28,000 customers worldwide trust us with their cross-border payments and currency risk management. We combine the power and capabilities of a large financial institution with the agility of a fintech, simplifying the way our clients connect with the global marketplace and making it easy for your business to move money virtually anywhere in the world.
- As the #1 Mastercard large-market commercial credit card issuer in North America, we provide a suite of business card solutions to help customers control and analyze employee spend.
- : Our Corpay One platform solution is a leading bill pay and credit card solution for SMBs, helping businesses take the busy work out of running their back office while making other resources available to drive growth.
About the Role:
FLEETCOR is seeking to recruit an SVP – Head of Marketing for Corpay. The primary objectives for the role are to improve product positioning, go-to-market capabilities and messaging in order to drive better lead generation to improve sales production. They will be responsible for building effective product marketing, driving compelling content, improving the lead generation process, creating a segmented, data-driven sales enablement approach and supporting both a digital sales and “feet on the street” selling model. This role requires exceptional strategy, communication and analytical skills, and a high level of detail orientation and leadership.
We are currently on a journey to build the Corpay brand in the market and this person will be a key architect in this process. This person will lead marketing across the various Corpay lines of business including AP Automation, commercial credit cards, international payments and small business bill pay.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to
- Clearly define product messaging strategy to increase engagement and drive better demand generation
- Develop compelling content leveraging both both internal and external creative resources
- Own the Corpay brand for the business, helping to clearly define it to the market.
- Continue to refine and improve the current ABM strategy for the business
- Provide market research, report on market trends, analyze competitor strengths and weaknesses, and publish findings - translate market intelligence into developing highly differentiated and value-based product messaging.
- Be knowledgeable on customer and supplier needs including information/education required to fill customer knowledge gaps on product benefits; acquire intelligence and share findings through customer interviews, surveys and focus group sessions; be proficient in buyer profiles, how they buy, and their buying criteria.
The successful candidate must have proven senior-level leadership experience, as well as experience building a high-performance team and implementing positive culture change across an organization. This role will be responsible for leading the ideation, development, and execution of strategies to meet short- and long-term revenue and profit goals. They will be an energetic and positive executive who can build a highly motivated and high-performance team.
- 15+ years of product marketing experience and branding, preferably including the SaaS environment, with emphasis on creating positioning and strategy that is both unifying across companies and differentiates offerings, planning and leading execution of initiatives for sales enablement and market across several businesses.
- 10+ years of people management and development experience. Prefer experience with geographic and product diverse staff. International experience helpful.
- Experience as a forward-thinking change agent with deep understanding of modern tools and approaches, implementing technical and digital tools that assist in executing strategy and analyzing results of efforts.
Critical Leadership Capabilities:
- Driving Results
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- Acts with integrity to achieve goals and reach targets.
- Creates a level of expectation of quality.
- Holds team and business leaders accountable.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure the team is achieving results and is mentored or developed in areas that are challenging.
- Tests to see if goals are meaningful and sufficiently challenging and is able to quickly detect and provide corrective action for deviations.
- Balances long– and shot-term perspectives for Corporate Payments growth opportunities.
- Translates Corporate Payments strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for the Marketing team.
- Stays informed of how changes in competitors, clients, and market segments may affect Corporates Payment’s marketing approach.
- Consolidates market feedback and shepherds ongoing product and operational enhancements with functional partners.
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to find a solution or complete an exercise. Being able to ability to visualize, articulate, conceptualize or solve both complex and uncomplicated problems by making decisions that are sensible given the available information.
- Builds collaborative processes and teams which share in decisions and outcomes.
- Is engaging with all parties to shape the best solutions; spends time identifying all stakeholders and meets or connects with each of them.
- Identifies opportunities by reaching out to others to “connect the dots” and create new opportunities for shared success.
- Adaptability; brings out the best in all associates in a multi-generational environment and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Passion; creates a sense of urgency and fun while driving sales results.
- Thrives in a less structured environment that values speed-to-market over perfection.
- Straightforward, collaborative, and non-political personality and leadership style.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Leadership
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Employee
- 3280 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA