Vice President, Solution Architecture - Sales Technology
FLEETCOR has initiated a search for Vice President – Solution Architecture (Sales Technology) to lead our Solution Architecture team which works side-by-side with Sales and Marketing partners to build new end-end digital experiences and solutions. Working closely with his/her team as well as cross functionally with internal resources, he/she will provide the leadership, vision, strategy, and implementation skills to drive increased business unit revenues and profitability. This person will have the resources and authority to proactively accomplish the company’s objectives. This position reports to the Sr. VP of Sales Technology. You will lead a team of architects and will be the technical liaison for business partners in Digital Marketing, Sales and other Enterprise stakeholders. You have a broad understanding of a variety of technologies, have solid experience building end-solutions and driving consensus. In this role you will proactively team up with peers across the organization to build an understanding of cross-functional dependencies and shared problem-solving. You will build and lead a community of practice to share and gain knowledge of advanced and relevant technology
- Lead a team of solution architects and be the primary technical SME Resource for internal and external business partners.
- Build strong partnerships with Development Teams and build consensus on end-end solution architecture
- Perform Strategic Analysis and Technology Impact Assessment and Sizing on business requests and initiatives
- Determine how to leverage Technology to create solutions that meet business requirements
- Define end-end, cross-functional architecture.
- Define High-level Solution Design
- Perform New Technology evaluation
- Perform Build vs. Buy Evaluation
- Specify Architectural Guidelines and Design Patterns
- Drive Technology Architecture to support evolution of processes, products and services.
- Build solid understanding of current state and clear vision of future state
- Work cross-functionally to understand the linkage between FLEETCOR’s business goals, business architecture and technology architecture and strive to further FLEETCOR’s business objectives.
- Provide guidance to teams during development of POCs, present technical demonstrations
- Bring together different participants with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues and contribute your own suggestions
- Collaborate as a value-adding member of a team responsible for leading the end-end solution architecture and design
- Work with business and Product Owners to understand and shape business requirements
The skills and experience that will help you succeed…
- Knowledge and progressive experience developing and architecting solutions on AWS, Adobe AEM and Salesforce
- Knowledge and progressive experience with Lambda functions, Cloud Formation Scripts and building cloud-native solution architectures
- Knowledge and experience with AWS services (S3, EC2, EC2 Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, SQS, SNS, etc.)
- Experience with REST APIs, Kubernetes and NoSQL technologies, large virtualization and cloud environments, containers technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Certifications in above technologies (AWS, K8s, etc.) preferable.
- Strong understanding of the AEM platform, architecture, and infrastructure setup, management and performance optimization to include Apache Sling, Apache Felix (OSGi), and the various implementations of the Java Content Repository (JCR)
- Hands-on experience and well versed in template/components/workflows, Sling API’s and integration of AEM with other systems like Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Experienced back-end and web service developer
- Strong background in the implementation of large Web Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with other offerings under Adobe Marketing cloud such as Adobe Analytics, Target, Campaign is a plus
- Experience working on Salesforce.com platform – experience with Force.com declarative configuration, Apex/Visualforce/API development, and Salesforce Lightning development and declarative configuration
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications
- Experience with Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud and Marketing Cloud and Lightning Components.
- Experience in application lifecycle management (ALM) and DevOps automation including CI/CD pipeline architecture using tools such as GitHub, and GitLab CI/CD
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a similar technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in customer-facing role (e.g. partner engineer, sales engineer, customer success engineer.)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience developing with web-based technologies
- A background in writing code
- Experience integrating RESTful APIs into web applications
- Experience in systems design, with a background in building and deploying applications in AWS
- Strong partnership and collaborative style
- Ability to lead, influence, and partner within a matrixed environment
- Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to lead and motivate staff
- Ambitious and resourceful; results oriented; highly innovative
- Focused on business value creation through continuous improvement and innovation
- Highly analytical, data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI oriented KPIs
- Strong influence, facilitation and problem solving skills.
- Effective executor; pivots well from ideation to rapid-cycle implementation. Thrives in less structured environment that values speed-to-market over perfection.
- Energetic and positive executive who can build a highly motivated and high performance team.
- Excellent communicator, Creative and innovative , Results focused and Accountable
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves to get the work done
- Ability to design and strategize as well as execute and implement #LI-Remote #LI-KK1
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Leadership
- Pay Type Salary
- 3280 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA