Business Systems Analyst
FLEETCOR is a profitable, $2.6B publicly traded provider of business payment solutions. We operate in over 100 countries and help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment. Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary divisions or ways we go to market: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift.
About the role:
FLEETCOR is seeking a self-motivated Business Systems Analyst to assess every aspect of our daily business operations and new products. For this position, you will examine existing and new systems for improvement, report common issues, evaluate company performance, and recommend new system procedures. You will build technical requirements for development teams, and be a bridge between business stakeholders and technology teams.
To excel in this position, you should be an experienced professional with in-depth knowledge of business processes and business system analysis techniques. The ideal candidate will also be dedicated and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Here is what you own and are responsible for:
- Examine current and new business procedures.
- Develop business and technical requirements for new projects.
- Plan and conduct user-acceptance testing (UAT) with FLEETCOR’s risk decision systems.
- Report common patterns, learnings, questions, and other issues to management.
- Recommend solutions for improving and restructuring company procedures.
- Monitor company systems status and report any progress or changes.
- Work cross-functionally to investigate and define root causes of escalated inefficiencies.
- Partner with IT to define and execute testing for large complex projects.
- Analyze trends in issues submitted and complete due diligence on root cause (RCA).
- Make recommendations on improvements and control measures.
- Maintain and manage process and project metrics.
If you were here the last 6 months here are some of the things you would have done:
- Led user-acceptance testing for FLEETCOR’s newest credit model and policy before go-to-market.
- Streamlined our end-to-end fraud dispute and chargeback processes.
- Migrated emailed customer requests to a Salesforce task or case queue, collaborating with Sales, Operations, Digital and Technology to enhance the customer experience.
- Mapped the system and data processes from one risk decisioning system to another.
- Led and executed an improvement plan for duplicate applications that would improve efficiency across three teams.
Traits we seek in our next leader:
- Ownership Mindset: We want you to treat this company like your own and run it with a high degree of initiative and passion to improve the customer experience for our customers and drive FLEETCOR revenue and margin.
- Leadership Traits: You are humble and yet driven. Humility means many things but being able to admit your mistakes so we can move faster, acknowledging when you don’t know or need help so we can, again, move faster are a few examples. You speak your truth but know that “how” you say something is as important as “what” you say.
- Team Building Skills: You are a collaborative leader focused on building a strong team and know that your success is ultimately because you are able to attract, retain and engage a team of strong data scientists, analysts and leaders.
- Hands On: We are looking for “player-coaches” so someone who is desirous of getting their hands dirty.
- Business Acumen: You have strong business acumen which means a few things like (i) ability to think strategically, frame for success and execute tactically (ii) understand how to prioritize most important and (iii) deliver results over short, medium and long term etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis, project management, or product management.
- Experience in utilizing Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to drive process improvements.
- Skilled leader in managing process enhancement activities.
- Experience with Asana, Salesforce, Lucidchart, Visio and Microsoft Excel are strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage, collaborate and influence cross-functionally throughout execution to drive change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to quickly recognize issues and opportunities to improve processes and drive efficiencies.
- Self-starter with a strong drive to get to the root of issues.
- Data-driven mindset; holds self and others accountable with measurable ROI-oriented KPIs.
- Experience in the financial services and/or technology industry preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage customer complaints.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly analytical mindset.
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- $2.4B Annual Revenue
- 600,000 Directly Served Business Clients
- 2.6B+ Transactions per Year
- 8,400+ Employees
(as of December 31, 2020)
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
FLEETCOR enjoys global recognition including:
- Forbes Global Growth Champion – FLEETCOR is one of the 250 fastest growing companies in the world as determined by Forbes and Statista
- Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies – FLEETCOR has made this prestigious list of leading innovative companies 4 years in a row!
- Fortune 1000 Company – FLEETCOR was one of the largest movers in the new rankings of the largest companies in America, ranking #872
- S&P 500 – In 2018, FLEETCOR joined the S&P stock index comprised of the 500 leading US stocks based on market cap (company value)
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and
FLEETCOR is a growth company, and we employ a simple three-prong strategy for growing our business:
- More Customers. We invest more than $200 million per year in sales and marketing, predominately focused on new customer acquisition. We continue to scale existing sales channels and headcount, enable our sales people with demand generation and other tools, and launch new distribution channels both internally and through partners such as ERP software providers, telematics companies, and banks. We will also grow our customer base inorganically through acquisitions.
- More Spend. We seek to leverage our existing customer relationships and capture greater share of their business payment expenditures. As such, we have developed various “beyond” initiatives, where we extend the utility of an existing payment product without degrading the core value proposition of the original product. As such, a customer can “buy more stuff” without sacrificing the controls and reporting which attracted the customer to our product to begin with. For example:
- Our Fuel card customers can enable their cards to allow non-fuel purchases relevant to their business, like allowing a painting crew to buy supplies at a home improvement store, so they can finish the paint job.
- Our Toll tag customers can use their in-vehicle RFID tags to make other “on the go” purchases like parking, fuel and fast-food.
For our customers, these product extensions reduce payment friction, saving them time and operational headaches. For FLEETCOR, these product extensions can increase our share of wallet with existing customers and can increase our products’ appeal and applicability to previously-unserved customer segments (e.g., non-toll urban dwellers). We also create new product offerings, developed internally or in conjunction with partners, to cross-sell to our existing customer base.
- More Geographies. We continue to seek attractive entry opportunities in major international markets, which we intend to pursue through acquisitions and partnerships.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
- Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
FLEETCOR’s COVID-19 Hiring Guidelines:
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are temporarily working from home. In addition, FLEETCOR implemented a virtual interviewing and hiring process, engaging with talent by phone or video and onboarding new employees remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Analyst
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Brentwood, TN, USA
- Nashville, TN, USA
- United States