Director, Credit Products
Atlanta, GA, USA Req #3579
Tuesday, February 1, 2022
FLEETCOR is a profitable, $2.6B publicly traded provider of business payment solutions. We operate in over 100 countries and help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment. Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary divisions or ways we go to market: Fuel, Corporate Payments, Lodging, Tolls and Gift.
About the role:
Credit and risk management are core to what the company does and as we look to double our business over the next 3-5 years we are seeking a Director, Credit Products within the Risk team. In this role, you will serve as Credit/Risk Subject matter expert tasked with bringing new products to life. This position reports into the VP of Credit Products and New Initiatives and ideally, we would like the candidate to be based in Atlanta but for the right candidate we are open to remote with frequent travel to Atlanta.
Here is what you own and are responsible for:
• Launching of new credit products: You would be the Risk product owner responsible for working cross functionally to launch new card products, like a revolving card, serving new markets or to rethink how we underwrite credit for certain businesses.
• Launching of new initiatives: You will work to support the Business on initiatives such as increased Cross-sell, Digital Wallet enablement etc. You will work on helping the Risk team aggregate data from different sources to make more accurate decisions.
• Product ownership: You will be tasked with prioritizing and maximizing the value to Business delivered by the Risk Product team. You will also own identifying improvements to existing products within the Risk group.
If you were here the last 3-6 months here are some of the things you would have worked on and delivered:
• You would have owned intake of new projects and defined a process to intake new projects. This process would have touched on: 1. Value of project to business; 2. Effort required to arrive at that value; 3. Prioritization of the value by highest value items first.
• You would have owned the credit implementation of one of our newest credit card products:
o Set credit limits and credit policies for the credit card.
o Set guardrails to support the implementation using our transaction monitoring system.
o Worked with Product team to define the systematic Fraud checks (ID verification, bank login etc)
o Set rules to identify & detect Fraud, and decide when to manually review an application for Fraud.
• Partnered with our Data Engineering team to build data tables that you need for efficient analysis and testing of new credit products.
• Introduced new enhancements and changes to the Credit decision engine based on the recommendations of business teams; Worked on the implementation of those changes and then presented the value back to the business teams.
• Continuously tested the new credit card product for the following parameters:
o Monitoring transactions of newly approved accounts to ensure that the product is being used in the way it is meant to be used.
o Monitor fraud clearance rates of the systematic barriers built into the application and ensure that the barriers built is working as designed – to weed out the fraudulent applications.
Traits we seek in our next leader:
• Ownership Mindset: We want you to treat this company like your own and run it with a high degree of initiative and passion to improve the customer experience for our customers and drive increased FleetCor revenue and margin.
• Leadership Traits: You are humble and yet driven. Humility means many things but being able to admit your mistakes so we can move faster, acknowledging when you don’t know or need help so we can, again, move faster are a few examples. You speak your truth but know that “how” you say something is as important as “what” you say.
• Team Building Skills: This is an individual contributor role to start with but your success is tied to being a collaborative leader. You have the ability to establish trust by putting other people first, influence positively, communicate clearly and have a high “say-do”.
• Hands On: We are looking for “player-coaches” so someone who is desirous of getting their hands dirty. If you can’t write your own SQL code, build business cases in excel or create awesome powerpoint presentations then this is not the right role for you.
• Business Acumen: You have strong business acumen which means a few things like (i) ability to think strategically, frame for success and execute tactically (ii) understand how to prioritize most important and (iii) deliver results over short, medium and long term etc.
• 5+ years of experience within Credit Risk for a revolving card issuer
• 5+ years of experience building credit products within a card issuer, bank or fintech company OR maybe you have worked in consulting
• 5+ years experience with data be that credit, fraud or alternative data like banking data, Accounting data (Quickbooks etc)
• You are hands on and are excellent at SQL, Excel and Powerpoint
• Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Family Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Atlanta, GA, USA