Account Manager - Large Fleet Inside Sales
As part of the FLEETCOR team, and part of our Inside Sales team, an Account Manager is responsible for revenue production by cross-selling products and services offered by FLEETCOR, along with ensuring customer retention and account support. The position is also responsible for securing signed agreements through either selling new business within their respective Portfolio and/or retaining current accounts. This role is an individual contributor role to the Large Fleet organization
- Prospect for revenue generating opportunities within assigned accounts including cross-selling, upselling and/or new program engagement
- Conduct informational sessions with executive level contacts to understand the full economic potential of the client’s organization.
- Create and maintain a collaborative team of internal & external stakeholders to drive customer spend
- Primary contact for assigned customers for support activities, including:
- Account Maintenance
- Account Retention for organic growth and sustainability
- Order Processing
- User Security
- Report generation
- Credit, Billing & Rebate inquiries
- Facilitate client policy development and the formulation program metrics
- Share best practices across the client base and internal team members
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to develop customer references/testimonials
- Collaborate with internal implementation and project management teams to support success of new programs/services.
- Encourage client attendance and support of Lead User Group and Exchange conferences.
- Respond to inbound emails, fax, chat, and phone calls within SLA requirements per contracts
- Experience with managing a portfolio of trucking or large fleet companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of account management experience required, preferably working with C-Suite executives and large revenue accounts
- Ability to handle work with minimal supervision and in an independent setting
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, attention to detail & follow-up skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to properly communicate and resolve customer inquiries
- Proven track record of meeting and achieving sales and/or retention expectations
- Highly responsive to calls and emails; utilize available tools to track appointments and manage priorities
- Ability to discuss functionality and train customers with minimal assistance, identify and request set up changes, and maintain knowledge level as product and system updates are released
- Must be detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple assignments promptly and effective
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required
About the Company:
FLEETCOR Technologies, Inc. (“FLEETCOR”) is a leading global provider of business payment solutions. We help companies of all sizes control, simplify and secure payment of various domestic and cross-border payables using specialized payment products. We serve businesses, partners, merchants, consumers and payment networks in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Our payment solutions provide our customers with a payment method designed to be superior to and more robust and effective than what they use currently, whether they use a competitor’s product or another alternative method such as cash or check. We group our payment solutions into five primary categories: Fuel, Lodging, Tolls, Corporate Payments and Gift. Each category is unique in its focus, customer base and target markets, but they also share a number of characteristics: customers are primarily businesses, have recurring revenue models, have specialized networks which create barriers to entry, have high margins, and have similar selling systems.
Despite many advances in our industry, the majority of business payments are still made with outdated and inferior payment methods, such as checks and cash. We envision a business world where every purchase is controlled, every payment is digital, and every payment-related decision is well-informed. In this future paperless state, payments will require little to no time to manage, leaving companies with more time for what matters most: activities that grow their businesses.
FLEETCOR’s mission is to provide businesses with a better way to pay, by replacing outdated payment methods such as checks and cash, and displacing the incumbent providers of those methods. Through the digitalization of payments, we create and support robust ecosystems which benefit all participating constituents: payment-making customers, payment-accepting merchants, tax-collecting governments, and FLEETCOR.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equality, Inclusion, Belonging
Together we can foster true belonging. We know different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds lead to better innovation and results. We are therefore committed to building and nurturing a culture of diversity, inclusion, and belonging by:
- Welcoming people of different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations;
- Empowering our people to share their experiences and ideas through open forums and individual conversations; and
- Valuing each person’s unique perspectives and individual contributions.
Embracing diversity enables our people to “make the difference” at FLEETCOR.
FLEETCOR’s culture reflects our history of fast growth and our continued drive for results. Our entrepreneurial spirit remains strong across our global workforce, and we reinforce these principles in our five core values:
- Innovation: Figure out a better way
- Execution: Get it done quickly
- Integrity: Do the right thing
- People: We make the difference
- Collaboration: Accomplish more together
These values guide all of our employees and are infused in all aspects of our Company. We are, as a team, united through these shared values and our mission to provide “a better way to pay.”
Our values foster an inclusive culture through the expectation that all employees will treat each other with respect and appreciate the diversity of identities, thoughts, backgrounds and styles. Our commitment to fostering an inclusive culture has never been more essential than in this moment of national reflection. We must always celebrate the diversity of our company and our communities.
We strongly believe that the quality and diversity of our workforce provide FLEETCOR with a competitive advantage, and that our problem-solving and solution-building efforts are greatly enhanced when we harness the collective thinking of a diverse group of people with unique experiences and perspectives.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
FLEETCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FLEETCOR provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, language, ancestry, genetic information, veteran and/or military status or any other group status protected by federal or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation for the application and/or interview process, please notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
- Job Family Account Management
- Job Function EMPLOYEE_SALES
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Employee
- Required Education High School
- Brentwood, TN, USA