Beloit, WI 53511, USA Req #303
Monday, March 14, 2022
Mission-Driven. Honor-Bound. Fairbanks Morse Defense. What’s your calling? For the men and women of Fairbanks Morse Defense it’s the rapid and effective support of the fleets that entrust us to design, develop, and deliver the best naval power technology on the planet. We’re one of the nation’s leading marine defense contractors because of the highly trained and dedicated teams that provide reliable power systems, parts, and aftermarket services to the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and Canadian Coast Guard. When you join Fairbanks Morse Defense, you join a legacy of commitment that spans 150 years. Fairbanks Morse Defense offers competitive benefits with a wide range of training and development opportunities. Our world-class teams are dedicated to helping every individual achieve their full potential. Discover what it’s like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse Defense team here: https://www.fairbanksmorsedefense.com/careers
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare contract engineering submittals, reports, procedures, design drawings, and bills of materials for both diesel engine and generator operations.
- Review and update electrical drawings, manuals/schematics, P&IDs and instrumentation drawings as required.
- Prepare interconnect drawings for integrated systems
- Maintain and support Allen Bradley PLC based engine and generator set control software
- Provide test stand support which includes troubleshooting electrical and control systems and factory acceptance testing
- Assist manufacturing with design related assembly issues
- Attain proficiency in the design and troubleshooting of diesel engine and generator controls
- Ancillary work will include temporary assistance for other engineers, sales proposal work, Field Service, and other related tasks
- Occasional travel within the US and International. Travel will include training, commissioning engines on ship, and shipyard visits.
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements
- BS in electrical engineering with emphasis in controls and/or power is required
- Minimum 5 years work experience related to electrical power and controls
- Must have PLC programming experience using Allen Bradley products both developing new code and modifying existing code
- Must have PLC programming experience using Allen Bradley product both writing code from scratch products both developing new code and modifying existing code
- Must be able to process engineering change orders, change requests, and bill of materials
- Strong preference for diesel engine knowledge and experience
- Strong preference for generator knowledge and experience
- Previous EMI experience a plus
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Previous experience with Oracle a plus
- This position requires access or potential access to Unclassified Naval Nuclear Propulsion Information, which is Not Releasable to Foreign Nationals (NOFORN) data. Therefore, to meet NOFORN requirement, you will have to provide proof of US Citizenship and attest that you do not have dual citizenship. Acceptable proof of US Citizenship is a US Passport, US Birth Certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Beloit, WI 53511, USA