Solutions Architect Consultant - Datasource Consulting, an EXL Company
Overview EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that designs and enables agile, customer-centric operating models to help clients improve their revenue growth and profitability.
Our delivery model provides market-leading business outcomes using EXL’s proprietary Business EXLerator Framework™, cutting-edge analytics, digital transformation and domain expertise. At EXL, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance.
EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 32,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), South America, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
The ArchitectSeniorConsultant provides leadership and technical expertise in requirements identification, data modeling, data movement and transformation mapping (source to target), automation and testing strategies andtranslating business needs into technical solutions with adherence to established data guidelines and approaches from an enterprise perspective. The Architect senior consultant understands and leverages best-fit technologies and approaches to address business and environmental challenges, and is responsible for preparing the vision and solution outline for client engagements and overseeing and guiding the technical engagement team in the implementation of the vision for clients. This position works closely with engagement managers and project managers, and leads client assessments by preparing current state and future state architectures along with go-forward recommendations.This position will have the opportunity to engage with clients utilizing all aspects of a Data Management organization including Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM, and Business Intelligence. You will also be working closely with Cloud, Big Data, Data Modeling, Data Engineering and Project Management consultants andmust be able to work well in multi-functional and multi-shore project teams. This position may require travel to client sites in the U.S. (when safe to do so).
- Responsible for leading data management assessments
- Formulates workable solutions that integrate people, process and technology. Partners with Competency Directors and other subject matter experts to define the details of vision and solution
- Works with client to secure funding and organizational buy-in for the proposed solution and develop internal marketing programs
- Leads project Discovery & Analysis phases by providing a consultative approach with business users, asking questions to understand business needs, framing the problem in relatable terms and proposing phased solutions. Designs detailed data flows, conceptual, logical, and physical data models based on those needs. Performs data analysis to validate data models and to confirm ability to meet business needs.
- Establishes overall architecture direction including data movement approach, architecture / technology strategy, and any other data-related considerations to ensure business value and to satisfy business requirements.
- Ensures architecture deliverables are developed, and oversees implementation activities by supporting technical developers at the project, business unit and enterprise levels, and ensuring compliance with standards, methodologies and guidelines.
- Administers and supports data management environments and repositories as required
- Develops comprehensive project, implementation, and resource plans working closely with Engagement Managers, Project Managers and other Technical Leads.
- Create detailed documentation (i.e. Proposals, Design Specs, Architecture Diagrams etc.) that have a professional appearance
- Leads technology evaluation and POC. Engages with vendors for technical discussion, licensing and pricing negotiation. Ability to create, validate, and deploy the technology deployment architecture
- Coordinates, consults and, mentors/educates project managers, client business staff, client technical staff, project technical leaders and developers in architecture best practices and anything else that is data-related at the project, business unit and enterprise levels.
- Works with Competency Directors to develop project estimating methodologies for new areas of focus
- Works with Competency Directors, Account Management and Vertical teams to develop statements of work, implementation plans, resource plans and project estimates.
- Supports internal Delivery organization by ensuring appropriate linkage between competency areas are clear and well understood
- Collaborates effectively with all team members and builds strong working relationships with them
- Demonstrates ability to organize tasks and time necessary to complete assigned tasks and deliverables
- Coordinates with Project Managers and Leads to help drive project planning
- Performs feasibility analysis and scoping exercises, and works with the project manager to prioritize deliverables
- Conduct training and knowledge transfer
(10%) Other duties as assigned or identified
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of experience
- 5+ years of consulting experience
- 3+ years of experience leading offshore teams
- 3 years minimum experience with modern data architecture (Big Data, Cloud, Open source computing)
- Practical Architecture experience in at least 3 of the following areas:
- Data Integration
- Business Intelligence
- Data Quality
- Cloud Platforms
- Master Data Management
- Big Data
- Data Governance
- Business and Data Analysis
- Data Modeling
- Experience using major data modeling tools (examples: ERwin, ER/Studio, PowerDesigner, etc.)
- Experience with major database platforms (e.g, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.)
- Experience with at least one programming or scripting language
- Solid experience with performance optimization
- Experience and understanding of major Data Architecture philosophies (Dimensional, ODS, Data Vault, transactional/normalized, etc.)
- Experience with
- Storage structures at base HDFS like as Avro or Parquet
- Implementations of HBase/Hive/Impala/Phoenix or MongoDB, Casandra
- Data processing engines such as Spark/Storm/Kafka
- Hadoop Security Products – Like Ranger or Sentry
- Experience with cloud architectures focused on Data Management and usage patterns
- Experience with other cloud architecture like security, access management, networking, monitoring, and notifications
- Experience implementing a form of streaming or messaging technologies
- Understanding of Traditional ETL, ELT, Data Warehousing and Data Marts is highly desirable
- Solid understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and process methodologies
- Master’s Degree or Equivalent
- Excellent organizational and analytic abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Exceptional decision-making skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to research and learn new technologies and processes quickly
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects and teams
- Ability to evaluate an existing architecture and document issues and suggested improvements
- Ability to Architect solutions based on customer requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience, with proven leadership and mentoring abilities
- Ability to work independently on projects as well as collaborate effectively across teams.
- Excels in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills are required for success
Works in a normal office environment requiring light physical effort by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. Works with standard office equipment (such as phone, fax and personal computer). Ability to navigate stairs frequently during the course of a business day in various work locations. Sitting at desk for most of day, and working with computer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes