Guest Services Assistant Manager
About Our Company
Evolution Parking & Guest Services is America’s exclusive provider of specialized valet parking and front door services exclusively for large hotels and luxury resorts nationwide. Our strict focus on only serving the hotel industry affords our clients the benefit of a more sophisticated guest service platform without the distractions from other verticals.
There is a distinction between customer service and guest hospitality. We understand this and have established a company philosophy and operational platform with an unprecedented focus on talent selection, guest service training and quality performance.
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of parking operations to include, but not limited to, valet parking operations, maintaining Forbes guest service standards, prioritizing client relationships, motivating and managing team member performance, maintaining budget and revenue collection, systems management, guest and team member safety, training, staffing, payroll and scheduling. Our Valet Guest Service Managers have the responsibility to consistently maintain and foster our Luxury Guest Service oriented reputation and keep strong existing client relationships.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus program
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO, paid Holidays
- 401K with generous company match
- Career advancement through our Crescendo Executive Program and continued personal and professional growth opportunities
- Perks Galore!
We TRULY Live Our Core Values:
- PROACTIVE - We take the initiative to anticipate results and aggressively push for the highest standards.
- APPRECIATION - We celebrate talented team members and leaders.
- ACCOUNTABILITY - We take ownership of the work and hold each other to highest standards.
- GRACE - We develop great processes and systems that impress and make it look easy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the valet ramp is always properly represented by an EPGS team member and never left unattended without a Supervisor or Manager.
- Works with the or as a Supervisor a few times a week to stay close to the operation.
- Works the busiest time including evenings, weekends, holidays while properly leading the team.
- Tracks hotel validations for reimbursement and integrity purposes.
- Understands and drives business metrics and performance measurements to ensure effectiveness, high performance, and compliance.
- Demonstrates the ability to positively move the metrics for forecasting, productivity, claims, guest service and turnover.
- Understands the contractual agreement and recognizes ways to maximize additional revenue opportunities for both EPGS and the client.
- Delegates by allocating decision making and other responsibilities appropriately and effectively.
- Understands the client’s service standards, motto, values and hotel "lingo" and effectively integrates EPGS's’ standards to complement them.
- Develops cohesive working relationships with the client’s staff members.
- Knows when to be present at the site and maintains a high level of visibility.
- Understands what objectives are important to the client and ensures the entire team is focused on exceeding expectations.
- Treats clients, team members and third-party vendors with courtesy, respect, and dignity at all times.
- Practices preventative safety procedures daily as set forth by EPGS and the client.
- Reports all claims, accidents and incidents to HR and the Area/Regional VP immediately, while handling appropriately, with urgency, care and concern.
- Must maintain stability, dependability and professionalism when faced with changing, stressful and difficult situations.
- Meets the required Quality Assurance shop thresholds for completions and scores as outlined in the QA Performance policy and audit.
- Manages uniform and ticket inventory, ensures always prepared and stocked.
- Performs other duties as assigned for the operation.
Payroll and Accounting:
- Demonstrates the ability to improve the financial performance and profitability of the account.
- Manages scheduling, overtime, tip reporting and timekeeping.
- Ensures that forecasts, payroll, and accounting reports are on time and accurate.
- Works with the Area/Regional VP to forecast and plan for seasonal variances in business to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Adheres to EPGS's’ employment and payroll policies and procedures to limit exposure to employment claims and litigation.
- Reviews and submits completed and accurate payroll to corporate on a bi-weekly basis and not to exceed 50% of weekly revenue.
- Manages overtime by hiring and scheduling team members part time shifts.
- Manages staffing daily based on hotel capacity and business need.
- Screen, schedule and interview one-off candidates once the property is stabilized by the Corporate Talent Acquisition Team.
- Ensures all shift have adequate staffing levels as contractually agreed upon with the client.
- Recruit valet attendants that can be future leaders.
- Owns the recruiting efforts at location and within the region by continually hiring and upgrading talent.
- Ensures local colleges are engaged
- Is actively engaged in the recruitment and hiring processes to ensure the best people are selected for the location; fosters an environment that retains talented team members.
- Ensures that each new team member is fully onboarded in Dayforce and fully trained prior to working on the ramp.
- Conducts regular performance appraisals and provides feedback and coaching for all direct reports to include 45 day, 80 day and annual reviews.
- Documents timely and thoroughly performance issues with EPGS’s progressive discipline process.
- Suspends pending HR, and collects supporting documentation when considering terminating a Team member.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to team member and client information.
- Consistently follows the progressive disciplinary process to hold team members accountable for at-fault claims and safety violations.
- Follow the procedures for reporting on-the-job injuries and works with Human Resources to effectively manage worker’s compensation cases.
- Attends all required new manager onboarding sessions and completes required new manager online learning within the established time period.
- Sees that new team members get off to the right start through proper orientation and on-the-job training using the Field Training Checklist.
- Ensures all new team members complete the required Evolution Academy new hire training within the established time period.
- Recognizes great performance and provides opportunities for top performers to learn and grow.
- Recognizes where the team and individual performers need to improve and properly trains and coaches.
- Ensures all team members have been adequately trained in safety and loss prevention procedures.
- Assists with the planning of training sessions for new locations by organizing on site logistics and new team member attendance.
- Identifies high performing team members for Crescendo Academy and Crescendo Leadership developmental Programs.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree and a minimum of two (2) years of related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Working knowledge of general business practices including accounting, human resources, and customer service.
- Valet Parking Management experience is required.
- Prior experience to lead, manage and motivate team members.
- Strong customer service skills, client relationship experience.
Evolution Parking and Guest Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
#guestservicesmanager#jobs #careers #joblisting #jobpost #parkingjobs #nowhiring #valetparking#managerjobs #hotelmanager #hotelmanagerjobs #valetparkingjobs #EPGS #EvolutionPGS #parking #employers #valetmanager #hospitalityjobs #hoteljobs #growwithus #guestservice #careeradvancement
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $45,000.00
- Dania Beach, FL, USA