Clinical Part-Time - Provider -Travis County
The Part-Time Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant for Telehealth and in-home assessments is a regional position to perform both Telehealth and in-home health risk assessment (HRA) visits. The part time Episource Provider will report directly to the regional Supervisor and/or the Manager of Clinical Services and by performing Telehealth and in-home HRA visits will improve project outcomes, member satisfaction and the delivery of quality care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Telehealth health risk assessment (HRA) visits, using Episource’s assessment tool, from their home office setting when in-home visits are not allowed or available due to local or federal physical distancing restrictions and Episource executive decision.
- Perform in-home health risk assessment (HRA) visits in the member’s home environment whenever the in-home assessment program is operational. HRA visits may also be performed in a clinic or office setting or at Health Fairs as needed.
- The ratio of Telehealth : in-home assessments performed will be assigned based on project/client and membership need. Telehealth assessments may continue during in-home assessment operations as an option for extremely rural members or those who decline an in-home assessment. Travel will be required in order to provide in-home assessments and may be up to 100% of time worked.
- The part-time Episource Provider is expected to give availability to the scheduling team for a minimum of 15 telehealth or 10 in-home HRA visits per week.
- Availability for HRA visits must be provided to the Scheduling team monthly and within 7 days of request.
- The part-time Episource Provider must maintain a HIPAA compliant dedicated space in their home to conduct Telehealth visits. All necessary hardware and software will be provided and only Episource issued hardware may be used to complete Telehealth visits and documentation.
- Perform a comprehensive HRA visit which includes a thorough medical history, review of systems, screenings and abbreviated physical exam via video conferencing.
- Identify and evaluate the disease processes and environmental risks of patients.
- Provide education to patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
- Make case management referrals as appropriate to improve the patient’s quality of life and medical care.
- Adhering to the documentation submission time frame is a requisite of the job.
- Demonstrate accountability for their own professional practice by participating in educational programs that increase clinical knowledge base and skill set.
- Respond clearly and in a timely fashion to all communications within the Episource network.
- General supervision of a collaborating physician (where applicable by State law or client contract) will be provided by Episource
- Requires an individual to maintain the ability to work in an environment with PHI / PII data.
- Must maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- May be required to obtain additional state licensure.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Nurse Practitioner Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) degree, Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN), or higher (DNP or PHD in Nursing)
- Physician’s Assistant
- Bachelor’s Degree or master’s degree for Physician Assistants from a NCCPA program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors.
- PA License obtained after taking the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE).
- 1 or more years of experience in patient care or clinical work
- 1-3 years of clinical telehealth experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of customer service practices and principles
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task / work independently and be self-motivated to meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Proficient in the use of an Apple iPad
- Strong professional level of knowledge including clinical assessment skills in the adult population and chronic disease management.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work will be done in the home office setting and in the field / in members’ homes.
- The NP/PA must be able to provide a dedicated, confidential and secure space in the home to conduct Telehealth visits. This space must provide privacy to protect PHI/PII and also provide a professional backdrop for video conferencing.
- Wi-Fi required
- Travel is required and up to 50% of work hours.
Training /Certification Requirements:
- Current Licensure free of disciplinary actions
- AANP or AANC Certification
- CRNP License
- PA License
- NCCPA Certification
- Approved Specialties: FNP, ACNP, ANP, AGNP (not all-inclusive)
- Company compliance program modules
- Company safety regulations
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, January 4, 2022
- Austin, TX, USA