Chart Retrieval Specialist - CA
Overview - The Company Episource, with over 3,500 employees worldwide, is a leading provider of risk adjustment services and solutions for health plans. We help our clients manage, protect and leverage health information to achieve operational improvement, optimize revenue and guarantee better patient outcomes.
The Job - The Chart Retrieval Specialist travels to provider offices within the region assigned and retrieves medical charts (both paper and electronic forms) and uploads them into our secure system. The charts are then reviewed and analyzed by a Coding team.
· We are hiring dependable individuals to join our Episource team for a specialized, part-time role as a Chart Retrieval Specialist.
· Once you complete a paid training program, you will be assigned to a team in your geographic region. You will be assigned weekly appointments at local Provider Offices and Medical Facilities. For each appointment, you will arrive at your scheduled time and scan or download the assigned medical charts, which you will then upload using company equipment and processes.
· The average work week for this role is 25 hours*, offering you a work life balance flexibility in order to handle other priorities in your life. During the busier months (May-December), you may have the opportunity to increase appointments and your hours.
· You will likely be more successful in this role if you maintain more frequent contact with your support team and lead. There is a level of technical ability required to be successful in the role however if you are flexible and open to new ideas, opportunity, and learning, it will be a path to possible growth, development, and advancement.
· Competitive Hourly Rate
· Mileage Reimbursement
· Paid Travel Time
· Company Paid Training
· High school diploma or GED
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· 1+ years’ experience in a customer-focused service role preferred
· Track record of independent, quality work completed on schedule
· Must have reliable transportation in order to arrive for appointment in a timely manner for retrievals
· Be available for regular business hours, Mon through Fri 8-5 for scheduling
· Must have secure high-speed internet access (min. 50 Mbps)
· Have the ability to maneuver/roll/lift provided equipment case (45 lbs.)
· Experience with technology systems: computer, scanner (company supplied tool kit)
· Ability to Adapt and Problem Solve in order to work through technology and process-based challenges
· Working knowledge of computers, or a demonstrated technical aptitude and an ability to quickly learn new systems
· Some experience/understanding of Medical Charts is a plus.
· Basic navigational knowledge of some electronic medical record applications such as; Epic, Allscripts, eClinicalWorks and Nextgen is a plus
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.
*Disclaimer: This is a national average when evaluating all Chart Retrieval Specialists. There are differences across the spectrum based on geographical regions and active projects.
Episource, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Episource, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.
Episource, LLC expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Episource, LLC employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Anaheim, CA, USA
- Fresno, CA, USA
- Glendale, CA, USA
- Irvine, CA, USA
- Laguna Hills, CA, USA
- Laguna Niguel, CA, USA
- Long Beach, CA, USA
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- North Hills, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Pasadena, CA, USA
- Sacramento, CA, USA
- San Jose, CA, USA
- Santa Ana, CA, USA
- Torrance, CA, USA