Assist individuals with brain injury, intellectual disabilities, and other neurological disabilities in achieving a challenging, stimulating, dignified life by serving as an advocate and liaison for and on behalf of individuals’ rights and benefits
We are looking for a caring person to provide respite and community habilitation service to a 13 year old boy in Henrietta. Daily activities include but not limited to going to classes, libraries, exploring the community, etc. The position is scheduled for weekdays and holidays if needed.
- Ensure ongoing health and safety for the person being supported.
- Support, train, and guide as they socialize, make purchases, volunteer, exercise, or engage in other community-based activities of their choosing. These activities will be organized through the Person-Centered Planning process.
- Provide transportation as deemed appropriate for the day’s activities.
- Complete online documentation which meets all OPWDD regulations in a timely manner.
- Report all incidents to the Program Supervisor and agency QI Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid & Current New York State Driver’s License
- Reliable Personal Vehicle
- Ability to pass OPWDD background check
- All trainings provided by EPI
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Applicants cannot have the same address as the person supported
- High School Diploma/GED
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and move at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand for extended periods of time, walk, sit, twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close vision
- Ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1650 South Avenue
Rochester, N.Y. 14620
Call or Text us at (585)204-0896
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Rochester, NY, USA