Self-Direction Direct Support Professional
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to a woman with a disability.
- Reliable and caring support.
- Assist with day-to-day tasks including personal care, housekeeping, and transportation in the community.
- Monday through Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Full time
Education and Experience:
- Must be willing to complete specific company required trainings as mandated by our governing agency, Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Mature interpersonal/professional skills to effectively collaborate, resolve issues, and maintain confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use poise, tact, and diplomacy, during difficult and/or stressful situations
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, and customer requests, while meeting deadlines
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License-a vehicle is required for business travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to talk, hear, stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods of time; may have to twist, bend, use hand to finger, stretch with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Pet care assistance may be needed
- Must be able to transfer 90lbs.
While performing the duties of this position, exposure to changing weather conditions will occur.
1650 South Avenue
Rochester, N.Y. 14620
- Job Family Direct Support - Self Hire
- Pay Type Hourly
- Syracuse, NY, USA