Hank FM Morning Show Host/Assistant Program Director
Ensuring the safety and health of all our employees and their families is a priority. As a condition of employment with Emmis Operating Company, effective December 1, 2021, you must be fully Covid-19 vaccinated, barring an approved medical or religious exemption, and provide proof of vaccination to the company.
Host Morning Show on 97-1 Hank FM.
Assist program director with daily tasks and special projects as assigned.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writes and reads, or ad-libs segments to identify station, announce station breaks, commercials, etc.
- Prepares and creates a topical show by gathering information from social media, web sites, periodicals and television.
- Writes and publishes relevant content to social media and station website.
- Conducts, records and edits interviews with musical guests or other famous personalities.
- Answer phone lines and interviews members of listening audience.
- Plans and attends in-person appearances and remotes including community events, concerts and “bar nights.”
- Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within station departments.
- Follow and enforces FCC regulations, station and company polices, including implementing station’s/state’s EAS procedures.
- Performs additional duties such as production, assisting program director, operating radio transmitter.
- Plays music as specified by program director and music log.
- Compiles data to be presented in weekly music meetings.
- Maintains positive relationships with Nashville music community.
- Other duties assigned as-needed.
Considered, candidates should meet the following requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with Adobe Audition and Wide Orbit is a plus.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience as an on-air host.
- Valid driver’s license and state mandated auto insurance required.
Please apply online at www.emmis.com
No phone calls please.
- Pay Type Salary
- 40 Monument Cir, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA