At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Job Purpose: The A&P Mechanic diagnoses, adjusts, repairs and/or overhauls aircraft and related systems on King Air aircraft.
- Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems
- Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that aircraft are ready for operation
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals and FAA/manufacturer publications and directives to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
- Read and interpret pilots' descriptions of problems to diagnose causes
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools
- Inventory and ordering supplies, parts, materials, and equipment
- Check for corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, and tail
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold a valid Airframe & Powerplant license
- Ability to perform maintenance duties utilizing basic hand tools
- Ability to use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock, and company intranet
- Proven technical/mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, especially their design, uses, repair and maintenance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience performing routine maintenance on aviation equipment, preferred King Air or Dash 8 specific experience
- Proven ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues and use manuals to determine effective solution
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree through a technical/vocational school is preferred
- Previous experience performing routine maintenance on mechanical equipment; experience with aviation equipment including King Air preferred
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA