Environmental, Health and Safety Supervisor
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Environmental, Health and Safety Supervisor
Job Purpose: The Environmental, Health and Safety Supervisor is responsible for leadership and complex technical work within a wide range of EHS disciplines. The Environmental, Health and Safety Supervisor will support day-to-day operations at Bridgewater, Virginia by supervising and developing the EHS team, processes, and programs for at Dynamic Aviation.
- Develop, mentor, coach and lead Environmental Compliance & Safety (EC&S) team members based on data driven assessments and Stakeholder input
- Assist with the development and implementation of EC&S programs and management systems
- Help to establish, track, communicate and develop plans to achieve EC&S performance goals
- Direct the implementation of EC&S policies, procedures, and programs necessary to improve and foster a positive EC&S culture
- Develop and maintain working partnerships with business stakeholders to customize and implement solutions that support EC&S risk reduction for Dynamic Aviation employees and supporting personnel
- Work independently to understand the business and manage tasks that support risk reduction and legal compliance without specific direction
- Provide timely activities and project status reports of performance compared to company EC&S goals and strategic initiatives
- Prepare and present compliance program documents, assessment reports, accident reports, training course materials, funding requests, and statistics that are technically accurate and complete
- Conduct hazard evaluations before and during project work, and other exposure assessments as needed. Provide recommendations to prevent exposures to EC&S hazards
- Ensure compliance with various stakeholder entities, to include but not limited to, EPA, DEQ, VAOSH, DCMA, OSHA
- Work with and oversee ARFF Firefighter program with the aid of the AFFF Chief
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, a Safety-related discipline or a related field of study
- 5+ years of experience working with Environmental, Health and Safety compliance and management systems within manufacturing operations
- Practical, hands-on experience with the following: Risk assessment, equipment and process safety, machine guarding, industrial hygiene, environmental compliance initiatives, and incident root cause analysis
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements and regulations at federal and local levels
- Ability to manage and lead team to excellent performance
- Ability to adapt, adjust schedules when needed, take initiative, prioritize and work effectively within a fast-paced innovative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to influence and communicate with associates and all levels of management
- Proficiency with standard business software, including word processing, presentation software, and spreadsheets
- Previous leadership experience is preferred
- The following certifications are preferred: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM) and Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America