Financial Reporting Manager
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Financial Reporting Manager
Location: Bridgewater, VA
The Manager of Financial Reporting is responsible for preparing internal and external financial statements to support Senior Management and external financial statement users. The Manager is also responsible for analyzing and interpreting the statements.
- Lead and develop a team of Financial Analysts
- Oversee and direct the monthly close process, including review and approval of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Prepare internal financial statements with key performance indicator analysis for company leadership
- Provide support and oversight of the annual financial statement audit
- Prepare external financial statements
- Develop and review financial analysis
- Pursue continuous improvement to improve efficiency and accuracy of the financial statement reporting process
- Supervise the preparation of local, state, federal, and international tax returns by external accountants
- Perform technical accounting research and document conclusions
- Manage the development of an annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. CPA is preferred.
- Related accounting/financial analysis work experience
- Ability to manage and lead staff to excellent performance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Microsoft Excel)
- Ability to use business intelligence and query tools to analyze large sets of data and extract timely, relevant information
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Working experience with a multi-state tax requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Direct leadership or project leadership experience is preferred
- Previous ERP experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment meeting tight deadlines
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America