Production Planner III
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Production Planner III
Location: Bridgewater, VA
The Production Planner III will be responsible for developing, maintaining, analyzing, and coordinating production schedules for various projects within all business segments of Dynamic Aviation. In addition, this position will provide additional project management support for assigned projects. To support Program Management, Technical Operations, and Corporate stakeholders with data/information to help improve operational effectiveness.
- Responsible to build and maintain a production schedule for assigned projects.
- Work with production team leads and managers to coordinate updates and support production schedule variance reporting.
- Update and maintain customer IMS (Integrated Master Scheduler) document based on project reporting requirements
- Monitor and analyze production schedule impact to the overall project schedule.
- Coordinate with stakeholders on how to reduce risk to the project schedule and timeline.
- Coordinate with other Level II and Level III planners to optimize production and resolve any conflicts.
- Present summary of key information at daily/weekly/monthly production meetings, work closely with Production Planning Supervisor, Program Managers, Subject Matter Experts and other leadership to plan and execute technical operations production efforts. Participate in meetings, and keep up to date on issues related to manufacturing, planning, new project kick-offs, metrics, and other related supply chain issues
- Work with Production Planner Level I to appropriately meter the task card flow
- Support Production Analyst with the development of a master scheduler/planning database
- Provide support with material planning and allocation efforts to ensure schedule execution
- Contribute to the development of weekly and monthly reports to communicate master production and technical operations project schedule performance.
- Resource load Production Schedules to assist in forecasting of resource availability (people/space/materials/machines)
- Support areas across the company in driving the adoption of continuous improvement practices and programs (AS9100, Lean, Daily Management GEMBA).
- Provide Project Management support for assigned projects to include: budget and schedule management, customer meetings/communication, and scope management, contract review, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; relevant work experience can be substituted for a degree
- Experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Ability to build trust with internal and external customers while communicating expectations and status updates in a professional and timely manner
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to relay information effectively to leadership, team members, subject matter experts, and customers
- Ability to read and understand technical data (Scopes of Work, Proposal Documentation, Engineering Drawings, etc.)
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Previous Program Management or Project Management experience strongly preferred
- Interest in PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification preferred
- Supply Chain experience preferred
- Microsoft Project Scheduling experience preferred
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgewater, 1402 Airport Road, Bridgewater, Virginia, United States of America