At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
Job Purpose: The Structures / Sheet Metal Mechanic performs unique modifications and repairs to our fleet of Dash 8 and King Air aircraft.
Location: Bridgewater, VA
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications
- Read blueprints to ensure build and modification completion
- Shoot and buck rivets to specifications following FAA guidelines
- Comply with AS9100 requirements including DCMA, FOD, tool control, and documentation
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure
- Recognize differences in types of metals including structural strength and thickness
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards
- Use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Follow both written and verbal instructions
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant license preferred
- Previous experience completing heavy modifications on aircraft
- Previous multi-engine turbo prop experience
- Manage time effectively to meet company priorities
- Ability to:
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Lay in a prone position for more than 4 hours
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
- Must provide own tools (shadowed and etched)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Bridgewater, VA, USA