Mechanical Design Engineer / CAD Admin
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and excellence.
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700 aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives of others.
You will grow both personally and professionally being a part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the world? Opportunity awaits!
This role will perform a variety of mechanical engineering work in designing, constructing, testing designs and repairs of aircraft / aircraft systems to meet customer expectations.
- Design engineering data for structural modifications and repairs (drawings, procedures, and other written documentation) in accordance with customer specifications and aircraft SIRM
- Conduct analysis from concept through design of aircraft structures and/or systems
- Adhere to FAA, customer, and company regulations in project design
- Coordinate with other engineers, managers, DER’s and clients to ensure timely project completion
- Provide daily support to engineering personnel for CAD system functionality and troubleshoot problems as they arise as expeditiously as possible
- Maintain currency with engineering computer and CAD technology and make recommendations for hardware and software upgrades and training
- Oversee the annual upgrade implementation on all engineering CAD systems
- Effectively communicate with coworkers and customers to ensure a quality product is delivered
- Additional duties as assigned
- BSME, BSAE, BS Engineering strongly preferred; or at least 3 years’ experience actively performing mechanical/aerospace design
- Experience in a related field; Mechanical Design Engineering and Aerospace experience preferred
- Experience in Systems Administration of Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical, Autodesk Vault, SolidWorks design software and SolidWorks PDM
- Expert knowledge of AutoDesk Inventor, Vault and AutoCAD (2d) Electrical and Mechanical products. Also Expert knowledge in SolidWorks design software and SolidWorks PDM (Vault) software
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Some knowledge of FAA guidelines
- Ability to work with and take guidance from senior engineers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Solidworks 3D experience
- AutoDesk Design experience
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Pay Type Salary
- Bridgewater, VA, USA