Do you want to be part of a values-driven, 60+ year-old, multi-state company where customers and employees drive our success?
Decron Properties Corp. is a diversified real estate company specializing in the acquisition, development, and management of multifamily apartment buildings, commercial shopping centers, and office buildings.
Our Mission: We Create Great Communities Where We Live, Work, and Shop
Integrity: Do the Right Thing
Teamwork: Everyone Together
Empathy: Care for Our Customer
Pride: Respect Our Work
Accountability: Own It
Continuous Improvement: Never Stop Growing
Our Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term Disability, 401k with matching, and more!
Job Title: Construction Project Manager
Exempt Status: Salary – Exempt
Position Type: Regular, full-time position
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Reports to: Sr. Director of Construction
Supervise Staff: No
Work Authorization: Ability to provide verification of legal right to work in the United States.
Responsible for the implementation and execution of construction and renovation projects in the Decron Properties portfolio.
• Assist in the preparation of project work scopes
• Produce project budget in conformance with proposed lease terms
• Solicit competitive bids from Contractors for assigned projects
• Analyze bids for comparison of price and scope
• Prepare contract documents for execution
• Working knowledge of contracts
• Kick-off Meetings: Schedule and lead Kick-off Meetings for new projects
• Schedule and Monitor construction to insure conformance with Lease documents
• Organize cost structure
• Review and Approve project invoices.
• Quality control
A. Change Orders
• Identify and formalize changes in project
• Distribute change documents to all affected parties,
• Issue and expedite requests for review, fairness and accuracy
• Prepare documentation for change order requests and approvals
• Assemble and notify all parties of approved change orders in accordance with contract requirements
B. Weekly Construction Meetings
• Prepare agenda and documents for distribution such as schedules and logs.
• Follow through on action items.
• The duties of Project Engineers, Project Accountant, and other assigned project staff. Provide direction, prioritization, performance feedback and coordination to ensure all job duties and project requirements are fulfilled.
D. Financial Reports
• Keep all costs, commitment formations current in the company’s job-costing system
• Review monthly fee and cost status reports
• Prepare billing by assembling all costs, receiving and reviewing all invoices, organizing the documents and expediting monthly payables.
E. Document Control
• Monitor costs reports
• Weekly site tour
• Evaluation of construction activities
• Monitor testing and inspection record reports submittal log
• Record building permit inspections and sign-offs.
• Maintain request for information log
• Log in new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI responses and other project information
• Schedule and expedite drawings, questions/issues. Resolve all issues promptly, including – when necessary – interfacing with designers and engineers.
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects of varying complexity
• Experience in the field coordinating trades and problem solving
• Capable of developing construction schedules for various types of work.
• Fully competent with the pay application process and related documents
• Ability to read and coordinate construction documents including but not limited to plans, specifications, manufacturers cut sheets of all discipliners
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, move about, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, pull, push, transport and/or move up to 40 pounds. Ascends and/or descends and able to get in and out of a vehicle on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision. Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, some twisting neck and body, some stooping and stretching/reaching (up, down, out), requires grasping, feeling, and detecting, requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, mouse, photocopier, fax machine, telephone, calculator, projector, screen for presentations, and other office equipment on a repetitive basis. Requires normal range of hearing, talking, and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and information.
Attendance is an essential job function.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted or modified at any time by the management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
This Organization Participates in E-Verify, Esta Organización Participa en E-Verify
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer, Empleador de Igualdad de Oportunidades
Thank you for considering Decron Properties as your career choice.
Thank you for applying for a position at Decron Properties!