future opportunity To join our team
What if you discovered a company that dominates the products in their category – 1 out of 3 being sold by them? Is the undisputed market leader in their industry, by a wide margin, organically capturing 90% of their customers, and taking care of them with one of the highest customer service scores in retail? AND what if they are operating in a formidable stable industry that is never, ever going away? At David’s Bridal, we empower our customers and our employees to stay true to their dreams and find the one, whether that means the wedding dress that matches her personal style—or the career that’s a perfect fit.
We’re always available to speak to future talent! If you would like to join David’s Bridal one day, and you believe this could be the perfect role for you, but is not available, please consider applying anyway. Say “I DO” to your future!
The Stylist is responsible for providing and maintaining a positive, friendly, empathetic and professional selling experience with all customers. Stylists are responsible for providing 5-Star Customer Service to all David’s Bridal customers, achieving sales goals and productivity by expertly following our 5-Step Selling Process, and performing duties related to the presentation and operations of the store. S/he reports to the Store Manager in partnership with the Sales Manager. Bridal Stylists are brand ambassadors and demonstrate the values and critical success factors of the David’s Bridal brand.
Essential Job Functions:
- Welcome all customers with genuine, friendly enthusiasm over the phone and in person, communicate clearly and concisely adapting style to suit customers.
- Use all systems to manage the customer flow to deliver 5-star customer experience (Appointments/Customers/Point of sale system). Use iPad tools to research and enthusiastically communicate this information to the customer.
- Responsible for providing exceptional service to multiple customers at one time and contribute to the store achievement of 5-Star Customer Service. Proactively address customer concerns with confidence. Know when to escalate and partner with leadership team.
- Prepare for customer appointments by reviewing the customer profiles, favorites and preparing a fitting room.
- Build a relationship by welcoming customers to the store, asking questions and listening to understand customer expectations and needs (emotional and practical).
- Strive to identify the perfect gown/dress in the customer’s first three try-ons.
- Review Timeline Calendar and set future appointments aligning to customer needs; follow up with customers to remind/set future sales.
- Communicate how alterations do play an important role in perfecting the dress for her event in partnership with Alterations. Promote all alterations services and personalization options. Partner with Alterations Specialists to set up appointments to personalize and fit gowns/dresses. Assist store team in achieving a goal of 80% conversion of brides sold to Alterations appointments
- Ensure proper measurements are taken and entered into events as required for ordering dresses and minimizing returns and exchanges.
- Maintain store-standards (clean, organized, promotional readiness) to support a flawless shopping experience. Reports any broken or damaged equipment to store management.
- Maintains high dress code standards for her/himself per the Dress Code.
- Offer David’s Bridal loyalty & partners program to support and promote one stop for all life events.
Analyzing & Decision Making
- Respond promptly to all customer questions providing product and service information. Build relationships to meet or exceed customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Maintain David’s Bridal hourly sales productivity standards by utilizing the 5-Step Selling Process.
- Supports all cash wrap behaviors and processes transactions with accuracy to make every customer feel celebrated. (Ask about shopping experience, sell additional add-ons and promote services, confirm contact information, review receipt/polices, and schedule all future appointments). Maintain knowledge of and follow procedures for special order dresses.
- Consistently achieve a 65% or greater platform conversion.
- Consistently achieve add-on goals, headpiece 75%, foundations 10% and shoes 20%.
- Sets come back appointments for the complete wedding party including Bridesmaids, Mother-of-the-Bride and Flower Girl.
- Become the trusted advisor to his or her customer by completing training in a timely manner and continually building product knowledge and fashion trend expertise.
- Strive to become a Circle of Excellence member by exceeding sales targets.
- Execute new processes, behaviors, contests and programs as assigned.
- Perform duties and tasks as assigned by store management including:
- Promotion and sign set up
- Merchandising and visual changes
- Markdowns and inventory counts
- Actively support the store team to achieve sales, service and operational goals.
- Accurately clock in and out for all scheduled shifts, breaks and meals.
- Follow all loss prevention, security processes and policies.
Developing Self & Others
- Focus on own development and learning, complete all training as assigned for on-going development.
- Celebrate successes of team members. Share sales expertise and product knowledge with fellow stylists.
- Open to coaching and feedback to improve behaviors and/or processes. Capitalize on feedback from coaching conversations with managers.
- Complete all required myLearning courses within the first 90 days and remain current with myLearning Curriculum
- Match words with actions to build trust and respect.
- Strive to achieve results through determination and commitment.
- Keep going during difficult or challenging times/situations.
- Build and maintain positive relationships within and across teams.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time; reach for tools and objects with hands and arms; climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk to and hear customers. The employee must occasionally lift to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see up close and at a distance, as well as use peripheral vision and depth perception, and be able to look at, read, and use a computer and electronic devices for long periods of time.
Education & Credentials:
High school diploma or an equivalent degree. Having 1 -2 years prior retail experience in an apparel, service or specialty store environment, and prior experience with computerized POS system is preferred.
Love wins when love is for Everyone!
Our mission at David’s Bridal is to embrace the ideas of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. It is our goal to build a workforce that is representative as the customers we serve. We vow to create a culture where all forms of diversity are celebrated and seen as valuable.
The preceding job description has been designed to highlight the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive description of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Actual duties and responsibilities will vary.
- Job Family Retail
- Job Function Sales
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 7, 2021
- Hagerstown, 17231 Cole Road, Hagerstown, Maryland, United States of America