Sr. Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible to lead the development and implementation of all software quality testing activities for a medical laser device company. Work with the Engineering team and Regulatory teams to establish procedures and testing methods. Assess software quality by designing and implementing software testing processes for various projects. This includes the creation of test cases to both identify issues with software before the product launch and to verify compliance to the Software requirements of the project. Take ownership of code quality through exploratory and automated tests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Design, implement, and execute software verification using best practices
- Develop and execute test scenarios and test cases on automated testing frameworks.
- Manage software bug tracking and defect disposition
- Isolate conditions to recreate testing problems and support problem resolution through core product knowledge.
- Define product acceptance criteria with product owners and development team and translate product specifications into QA test cases.
- Offer test plans and test cases for testing responsibility spanning multiple concurrent projects.
- Implement test plans and summarize testing status within project team and SQA team meetings.
- Assess test plans, procedures and infrastructure for adequacy and completeness.
- Work on automation test design and evaluate testability of new features/implementations.
- Motivate the development process for efficiency and performance.
- Works together with the software developer to enhance and improve programs.
- Assure software systems meet FDA 510k, EN 62304, and other approval standards as required.
- Utilize Microsoft Visual Studio 2019+, Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Azure DevOps to create and maintain source code, bug reports and requirements.
- Champion conversion from manual testing to test automation
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
☐Associate’s degree required
☒Bachelor’s degree required
☐Master’s degree required
☐Education and experience combination:
☐Associate’s degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
☐Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☐Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
Specific Area of Study: BS CE/ EE or similar field
☐0 to 2 years relevant experience
☐2 to 5 years relevant experience
☒5 to 8 years relevant experience
☐8+ years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience:
- Considerable exposure to Software Quality Assurance test environment; applicability to laser and RF systems is a big plus
- Knowledge of Coded UI or other test automation tools to help in the automation of software testing.
- Fluency with Team Foundation Server, Microsoft Test Manager, Visual Studio Test Professional (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of SQL database
- Development of automated testing tools
- Prior FDA/ medical instrumentation quality systems experience (QSR: 21CFR Part 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304) is a plus.
- Agile software development processes
- Great team player and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☐Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☐Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☐Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☐Other (please specify)
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function SQA Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Massachusetts, USA