Sales Training Manager
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
This role offers the opportunity to have a positive impact on the success of our sales professionals. This position is responsible for the effective delivery of sales training curriculum and providing individual coaching to new and existing sales personnel as well as sales training support to sales management, field sales teams and offices. The Senior Sales Trainer is a key contributor to a results-driven and skilled sales organization, with direct influence on the professional development of the Sales team and Sales manager. Responsible for increasing the overall performance of the sales team by giving sales trainees the right tools, skills and knowledge they need to be successful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Prepares new sales employees by conducting orientation to sales process, develops individual coaching plans, provides resources and assistance.
- Learn proficiency in the sales training model and help new hires master the skills
- Design and deliver sales training “advancement” programs to existing sales employees.
- Design training curricula within time and budget constraints
- Conduct skills gap analyses to identify areas of improvement
- Produce physical and digital educational material (e.g. videos and case studies)
- Coordinate individual and team performance review sessions to discuss strengths and weaknesses
- Monitor sales objectives and results
- Organize and lead sales training learning events.
- Collect feedback from trainees and managers about training courses
- Report on impact of training programs (e.g. sales achieved)
- Liaise with external trainers or industry professionals and organize seminars
- Maintain updated records of training material, curricula and costs
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
☐ Associate’s degree required
☒ Bachelor’s degree required
☒ Master’s degree preferred
☐ PhD required
☐ Education and experience combination:
☐ Associate’s degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
☐ Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☐ Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
Specific Area of Study: Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field – Additional certification in training a plus
☐ 0 to 2 years relevant experience
☐ 2 to 5 years relevant experience
☐ 5 to 8 years relevant experience
☒ 8+ years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience:
- Proven work experience as a Sales Trainer or similar role
- Experience in a sales position is a plus
- Ability to manage the full training cycle, including in-person activities and web-based learning
- Hands-on experience with e-learning platforms
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with building and developing teams
- Solid communication and presentation abilities
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒ Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒ Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☐ Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☐ Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☐ Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐ Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐ Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☒ Other (please specify) – 25% Travel
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function General Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- United States