Key Accounts Manager - West
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Lead, develop and implement sustainable sales growth strategy for increasing sales, profit, category and Cynosure’s market share in the Key Account* channel. An active participant, a customer focused representative share of voice and a change agent in recommendations in internal cross-functional meetings based on strong understanding of market dynamics, patient, HCP (Health Care Professionals) insights and operational effectiveness.
*Key Accounts defined as chains (small to medium) with more than 5 outlets with HQ and central management infrastructure.
Strategic Role Responsibilities
- Strong business acumen - understand the assigned market business direction and goals
- Manage key strategic partners and find out win-win solutions together
- Leverage product, market, competitor, regulatory knowledge and data to the businesses advantage and ensure business compliance with key industry developments
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with assigned market key strategic partners and fully understand their needs
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships with collaboration and positivity
- Effectively deploy negotiation tactics and can recognize and handle tactics deployed
- Use data to focus on the biggest opportunities, higher profit products, premium customers
- Translate strategies into action-orientated plans
Operational Role Responsibilities
- Achieve sales objectives in development of assigned accounts including forecast, revenue growth and Cynosure’s market share
- Develop and execute an annual account business plan that addresses customer and Cynosure objectives, growth plans, and outlet execution of programs supported by performance dashboards
- Develop strong customer relationships and partnerships across all levels and identify key opportunities to further build strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure business directions are aligned and Cynosure is partner of choice
- Manage co-op budget within guidelines, recommending avenues to optimize spends, maximize business results, and achieve set targets
- Implement and monitor results of jointly agreed programs and make recommendations for improved sales performance
- Analyze market opportunity, develop and execute programs to increase patient loyalty through repeat visits and maximize transaction spends via activating holistic regimen of care
- Communicate and drive end to end key account plans by rallying internal cross-functional teams, external partners and customers to ensure timely execution of all programs
- A bridge between strategic partners’ HQ and outlets in insuring operational excellence of jointly agreed plans from HQ to outlets
People & Leadership Responsibilities
- Influence matrix function to deliver for sales team
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing, Clinical Education, Field Service and Supply Chain team
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive business growth
- Understand cross functional implications of all customer agreements and aligns relevant personnel accordingly
- Establish customers’ needs and put them at the heart of the proposal, only “pushes” the customer to the acceptable limit
- Strong customer development and distributor management skills
- 10+ years related experiences in Sales and more than 5 years of proven sales track record and account management
- Strong understanding of building strategic partnerships with customers across all levels, HQ and Outlet levels
- Experience handling key accounts preferably from FMCG and Medical Device industry with good knowledge of brand, professional and category management
- Sales forecast, business planning, plan to execution, strong process driven mindset
- Understands key financial concepts, manage P&L and control budget numbers
- Proficient computer skills/experience in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Adapt to high frequency business trips
- Entrepreneur spirit and start up mentality
- Excellent interpersonal skills (handle cross functional and cross-level key stakeholders), leadership, written and communication skills, strong analytical skills with ability to be detailed yet strategic
- Conflict management
- Business acumen, strong project management skills
- Mentoring, coaching and people management skills
- Relentless hunger for results
- Demonstrates resilience and adaptability in the face of adversity
- Proactive, agile, independent worker who has a growth mindset, is solution focused and thrives on the pursuit of operational execution excellence
- Exceptional team player with strong commitment to drive business result
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☒Other (please specify): Travel 50%
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function General Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Travel Required Yes
- United States