Sr. Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
Cynosure is well positioned competitively to lead and transform the medical aesthetics industry. We are guided by our belief that this is a purpose-driven business, which improves patient’s lives and improves practitioner’s livelihoods.
- We are passionate about driving a healthy and growing medical aesthetics industry with leading-edge marketing which inspires consumers to engage in medical aesthetics.
- We are the leader in science-based technology which elevates the standard of care for consumers.
- We are relentlessly focused on being the undisputed innovation leader, addressing the growing demand for consumer treatments across all demographics.
- We are committed to building and strengthening our unmatched global footprint, with direct employees on five continents and in 15 countries and growing, and distributor partners serving over 130 countries.
- We put our people first and believe personal development drives business development.
- We love our customers and strive give them the leading-edge technology, service, marketing support and clinical education to improve their patient’s outcomes and to improve their livelihoods.
At Cynosure, we look for people who make an impact and encourage everyone to lead, create, and add value. In turn, we invest in our team to grow people’s careers and build upon our high-performance and culture-oriented organization. We work together as one team, winning together.
As we grow our global team, there is no better time to join us. As a market leader in medical aesthetics, Cynosure has over 25 years developing, manufacturing, and marketing products for dermatologists, plastic surgeons, medical spas, and healthcare practitioners. With the aesthetic industry’s most comprehensive product portfolio, our offerings span several categories including skin revitalization, body contouring, hair removal, and women’s health.
Our mission is to set Cynosure customers up for success shaping future leaders of the aesthetics industry and helping everyone who uses our technologies discover their version of beautiful.
Responsible for the test development, improvement, documentation, and support for finished devices and electrical subsystem testing. Will define and write test requirements, test processes, and support operations requirements for electrical engineering activities. Will develop engineering change order information to complete the approved changes using PLM/ERP tools. Must work within project timelines completing the selection, prototyping, testing and production release of the changes. Will also perform matrix management of electrical technicians when required to support project completion. Engineering support in development, production, transfer and training of medical laser product testing. Develop and improve complex technical test tasks with optical, electronic, and mechanical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Advanced troubleshooting of device failures using electromechanical test and diagnostics skills including
- Optical sub systems
- High Voltage sub systems
- Mechanical assemblies
- Provide electrical and test engineering assistance to both in house and external production aligned with Quality requirements
- Initiate and execute end-to-end programs with risk mitigation, milestone tracking, quantified improvements and executive updates
- Drive test requirements of pilot laser systems and subsystems.
- Work directly with development engineering on defining and implementing system test requirements
- Complete tasks using documentation (released and pre-released) and verbal instructions.
- Drive the development and setup of test equipment and appropriate test parameters for use on production systems.
- Support fabrication and testing of pilot systems for use in various projects. This may require electrical, mechanical, or electronic assembly.
- Develop, analyze and summarize test results.
- Work closely with the design group on required design changes.
- Create troubleshooting plans and update as required.
- Facilitate design for manufacturability/assembly/test and seamless execution of new product/process/equipment introductions at OEM, contract manufacturer and in-house
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
- Embody and deliver the “Exceptional Everyday”
☐Associate’s degree required
☒Bachelor’s degree required
☐Master’s degree required
☐Education and experience combination:
☐Associate’s degree is equivalent to 18 months of experience
☐Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to three (3) years of experience
☐Master’s degree is equivalent to four (4) years of experience
Specific Area of Study: BSEE/BSEET
☐0 to 2 years relevant experience
☐2 to 5 years relevant experience
☒5 to 8 years relevant experience
☐8+ years relevant experience
Specific Related Experience: Product support environment required. Product support experience of systems, sub-assemblies and circuit board required.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of electrical and electronics components is required
- Knowledge of test processes and test development
- Excellent soft skills – interpersonal savvy, listening, organizing, planning, time management, Learning on the fly, execution, focus, approachability, independence and good judgment, positive attitude
- High energy and action-oriented, prioritizing most important deliverables
- Hands on Electrical Engineering skills critical.
- Medical device or laser experience is not required although relevant experience is always a plus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing medical devices in an ISO and FDA regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with PLM systems for changes and documentation is required, SAP experience preferred
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Works well with others, is thorough and demonstrates good judgment
- Inspire cooperation and success among the Operations Engineering team.
- Must be highly motivated and be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
- Provide clear concise direction to production personnel and other team members
- Must be able to communicate through all levels of the organization.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- ☒Sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- ☒Stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ☒Lifting/pushing/pulling and carrying products weighing up to 45 pounds
- ☒Potential Exposure to moving mechanical parts, vibration and/or moderate noise levels.
- ☒Potential Exposure to hazardous chemicals or other materials.
- ☐Safety Shoes compliant with site specific policies/procedures must be worn in designated areas
- ☐Potential Exposure to blood.
- ☐Other (please specify)
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, ender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Cynosure is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
- Job Family Engineering
- Job Function Electrical Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Boston, MA, USA
- Cynosure Inc, 5 Carlisle Rd, Westford, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Massachusetts, USA
- Westford, MA 01886, USA