HR Benefits Manager
Boca Raton, FL, USA ● Virtual Req #2483
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
Cross Country Healthcare is looking for top talent to join our team! Cross Country Healthcare, Inc. (CCH) is a leader in providing total talent management including strategic workforce solutions, contingent staffing, permanent placement and other consultative services for healthcare clients. Leveraging nearly 35 years of expertise and insight, CCH solves complex labor-related challenges for clients while providing high-quality outcomes and exceptional patient care. As a multi-year Best of Staffing® Award winner, CCH is committed to excellence in delivery of its services and was the first public company to earn The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval® for Health Care Staffing Services Certification with Distinction.
This position reports to the VP of HR Operations and is responsible for managing the activities of the benefits department with overall responsibility for employee benefit programs. Accountability for administration of Leave of Absence policies, benefits budget, development, wellbeing programs and service delivery. Plans include medical, dental, FSA, disability, life, 401(k).
1. Development of plan design and benefit strategy consistent with Company strategy, competitive benchmark data and legal compliance.
2. Administration of Leave of Absence programs including Family Medical Leave Act, Personal Leave of Absence, Paid Family Leave (in applicable states), short and long term disability, all state mandated leave and disability programs.
3. Development of appropriate communication materials to support benefits programs. This includes communications materials for existing and new programs plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, Summary of Material Modifications and any communication needed as plan or legislative changes occur.
4. Ensure that each benefit plan is administered effectively and in compliance with various laws and regulations. In conjunction with the Company’s Broker of Record prepare annual governmental filings associated with benefits plans, such as Forms 5500, SARs and Medicare Part D notifications.
5. Evaluate benefit plans as related to merger/acquisition activity and manage the process of integrating employees into benefit plans.
6. Assist in the negotiation of benefits plan renewals for national programs and manage annual enrollment process.
7. Advise and educate HR members on various topics, including new benefit programs, regulatory changes and administrative procedures.
8. Manage the Benefits department staff, including design and development of automated benefits processes.
Reports to VP of HR Operations
Direct Reports Benefits Specialist (3)
1. 4-7 years of benefits experience; 3+ years management experience
2. Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree and CEBS or PHR/SPHR Certification
3. Comprehensive knowledge of Benefit Laws and regulations
4. Vendor negotiation and management experience a must
5. Mathematical aptitude and ability to prepare statistical reports and analysis
6. Experience with managing multi-state benefit programs is preferred
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
Business Acumen: In-depth knowledge of the business, industry, external marketplace, and the ability to conceptually pull together patterns or connections that are not clearly related; ability to apply insight across a wide range of tactical to strategic issues in order to consistently identify and select the best course of action.
Building People Capability: Commitment to ensuring that the right people are in the right roles and that individual’s feel empowered and supported to reach their potential; provides coaching to foster the learning of their team members, and likewise plays an active role in acquiring, developing and retaining talent for the larger organization.
Strategic Agility: Eagerness and ability to learn quickly and leverage a flexible mindset in response to shifting dynamics, adversity, and/or change; continually pushes oneself, their teams, and their businesses to learn, to generate new ideas, and (at times) to take needed risks to position the company favorably in the marketplace.
* Disciplined Execution: Orientation towards a process-focused, decisive course of action that will ensure client/customer needs are met with a high standard of excellence, urgency and predictability; focused on the task at hand in the face of ambiguity, and applies past experiences and expertise to consistently pull through results.
* Organizational Collaboration: Ability to partner across organizational lines and work cooperatively within and outside one’s own team in order to best serve client needs and exceed the expectations of end customers and clients; actively supports key decisions and promote a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment to the company.
Must have the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Benefits Cross Country Healthcare offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Voluntary Insurance, 401(k) plan, Tuition Assistance, Pet Insurance and Company Stock. Cross Country Healthcare is an EEO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
- Job Family CORP Human Resources
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boca Raton, FL, USA