Risk Management Associate
The Risk Management Associate will assist the Workers’ Compensation and Risk Management teams with several support functions. This will include processing new injured employee claims, handling administrative paperwork and state government filings/requests, executing requests for Certificates of Insurance and assisting with risk insurance reports.
• Contact injured employee upon notification of injury to impart the role of their employer, the insurance company and Workers’ Compensation benefits in general. Keep the lines of communication with the employee open and encourage them to call with questions/problems
• Monitor employee’s injury and work status. Assist them with a treatment plan and ensure they are adhering to same (obtain work restrictions, discuss transitional work options, etc.)
• Keep accurate and timely records of all WC claims. This includes reporting all claims to the insurer, recording the info in the company’s claim software, keeping an electronic claim file.
• Retrieve and upload to electronic folders/claims system physician notes & reports on all claims. Engage physician & Concentra liaisons on any claim conflicts or questions.
• Identify injured workers with work restrictions (for Return to Work options), match them to light duty positions, and process job offers for same.
• Respond to & resolve medical billing issues between employees, medical facilities and insurer.
• Collect and process wage statements to calculate average weekly wages and distribute to insurer as established by state guidelines.
• Respond to all requests from Matrix and 3hab.
• Assist with the review of monthly insurance invoices, confirming each claim is accurate.
• Receive, document and process Risk Management insurance reports.
• Maintain all report records to include populating insurance bordereau and entering data in proprietary risk software.
• Obtain personnel files, contracts, other materials to comply with legal document requests.
• Update all electronic and paper files on claims related to correspondence, conversations and other information necessary to keep the Company’s files current and accurate.
• Fulfill all Certificate of Insurance requests/reviews.
• Assess and respond to unknown callers.
• Process liability insurance requests.
• Assist with quarterly loss run retrieval.
• Assist with miscellaneous administrative duties within the department, inclusive of scheduling conference calls and meeting, issuing information or invitations, etc.
• Retrieve and disseminate all departmental mail/correspondence and handle shipping activities
• Provide coverage to team members during any absences.
• Assist with all other projects, reports and duties, as assigned.
• High School diploma required. College degree preferred or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• 1-2 years’ experience in Workers’ Compensation claims management preferred
• Must be able to handle confidential information
• Detail oriented.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills are essential.
• Strong sense of accountability and taking ownership over projects and quality of work.
• Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethic
• Professional attitude to get work done timely and produce quality outcome.
• Demonstrated knowledge and advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
• Empathetic listening skills and ability to deescalate scared and upset callers
• Patience with injured workers’ questions and guiding them through initial treatment and general WC procedures.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines as new projects are assigned and changes to other projects occur.
• Ability to be flexible, work under deadlines with many interruptions, and work with minimal supervision.
• Pleasant and clear telephone speaking voice.
• Some Spanish language skills preferred
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Planning/Organization Skills – Prioritize and plan work activities effectively and efficiently; strong organization (including work papers skills) and communication.
• Interpersonal Skills – Work cooperatively and respectfully seeking to minimize bureaucratic behavior and achieve objectives.
• Problem Solving Skills – Demonstrate ability to analyze a problem through to resolution.
• Ownership – Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness of tasks assigned; monitor work and provide quality output.
• Adaptability – Manage competing demands and changing priorities.
• Assists and develops other staff members by sharing knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrates initiative and attention to detail along with strong analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally across a broad corporate landscape.
• Ability to work independently but also a team player sharing project responsibilities.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and show flexibility as needed.
• Ability to work under deadline pressures while maintaining a positive work environment.
• Demonstrate dependability, initiative, and accountability.
• Demonstrate company loyalty by supporting company goals and enforcement and modeling of company policies.
• Communicate and work in a respectful, supportive manner with all teammates
• Must possess comfort in learning, training, and engaging with others virtually through Microsoft Teams and Zoom
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Job Family CORP Legal
- Job Function NMGR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boca Raton, FL, USA