Employee Relations Specialist
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the support of the employee relations and HR operations processes and practices. They are responsible for providing basic consultation and guidance to managers, delivering and ensuring appropriate responses to basic employment issues that arise, handling investigations, and providing recommendations in partnership with HR and business leadership. The Employee Relations Specialist will contribute to the development and implementation of policies and practices that support a positive employment climate.
It is the responsibility of the Employee Relations Specialist to provide advice and counsel to managers and employees in the resolution of employee-related problems and discipline. The Employee Relations Specialist will provide support to the Employee Relations team from an administrative, reporting, audit, and policy enforcement standpoint.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Conducts internal investigations of simple to moderate complexity, documents findings, and makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental leaders and employees
- Responsible for assisting in monitoring the compliance of HR processes, specifically relating to personnel records, termination process, I-9 verification process, and state and federal posting requirements.
- Stays current on employment law, as well as employment trends; Proactively researches information to ensure compliance, provide appropriate consultation, and avoid/eliminate exposure to the organization
- Provides guidance, consultation, and clarification of Company policies and procedures.
- Prepares unemployment paperwork.
- Effectively interprets all leave requests to determine leave type and eligibility.
- Ability to effectively interact and develop relationships with staff.
- Proven ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Able to build strong partnerships and work closely with managers, senior leaders and HR colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening and writing abilities.
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
- Lends administrative support to the Employee Relations team as needed.
- Participates in regular Human Resources audits and special projects as needed.
- Understanding of the development and implementation of various Human Resources policies that ensure a compliant workforce.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Possesses solid working knowledge FMLA, ADA and other human resources policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills, with particular attention to quality and detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Track employee relations and leaves administration metrics weekly and review on a quarterly basis to assess where action can be taken to simplify a process, train managers, etc. in order to support a growing client base.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict and mediate as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance numerous priorities in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- SPHR or PHR certification
- Previous experience with Dayforce or another cloud based HRIS solution.
- Job Family P1 - Professional
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA