Gas Systems Engineer
Summary: DFS is an Original Equipment Manufacturer supplying a wide range of high purity process gas equipment to the Semiconductor manufacturing industry. The Gas Systems Engineer is responsible for defining system and product specifications, configuring existing products and implementing new designs. This position involves providing support to Sales, Engineering, Project Management and Customers to provide application and product subject matter expertise. A strong technical or engineering background is required with experience in bulk and/or special gases ideally in semiconductor manufacturing.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Assess and interpret specifications and technical requirements from clients and the market, for gas systems applications and sales opportunities.
- Work with the sales team and directly with customers to understand client process and operational challenges and recommend an existing or new system.
- Provide technical support to the sales and estimating team to develop configurations of equipment for quotations.
- Develop and maintain gas systems Theory of Operations and Process and Instrumentation Diagrams.
- Develop product and component specifications and recommendations to support project managers, engineers and designers at all stages of a project.
- Work with the engineering team to ensure all system designs are safe and in compliance with codes and industry standards.
- Support the process controls engineering team in the creation and maintenance of system Sequence of Operations.
- Support system testing and provide feedback and recommendations on system operations.
- Support the creation and maintenance of gas systems product literature, Manuals.
- Support the product manager in maintaining equipment configuration data and product life cycle management.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each responsibility and task. The requirements listed below are representative of the ideal experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of gases – physical and chemical properties and associated safety hazards.
- Experience with high purity special or bulk gas systems (ideally in Process design, Installation, Operation, Etc.)
- Experience in system engineering and specification, e.g. line sizing, component selections.
- Experience creating and maintaining Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and mass balance.
- Experience with design software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Pipeflo.
- Experience and ability to work in a matrix team environment on schedule-driven complex technical projects; diligent, thorough, goal-oriented.
- Ability to become a Subject Matter Expert on DFS gas equipment product lines.
- Ability to write technical documents and give technical presentation to customers.
- Ability to perform duties autonomously, prioritize multiple tasks for simultaneous projects.
- Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions; applying structured problem-solving and decision-making tools and methods. Ability to develop and support conclusions.
- Must have strong Personal computer skills including Microsoft Office and evidence good communication, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
Education and/or experience
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred but will consider other relevant science or engineering disciplines, or AS with 5 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience with gas equipment systems.
- Desired experience in Semiconductor/High Purity Environment
- Desired experience in Project Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, bend, lift and use arms, hands and fingers to reach, lift, handle, and feel products. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move products up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics include periodic noise increases, although for the most part the environment is usually quiet. Safety glasses and other required PPE should be worn when out in the shop area.
Don’t live local to Boise, ID but been intrigued by what it has to offer? Relocation is always a possibility for the right candidate! Check out this information to get a better feel of the area:
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Boise, ID 83713, USA