The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail oriented and capable of covering a broad range of finance and accounting tasks including month end close activities, budget versus actual analysis, and customer and product margin analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Prepare month-end financial statements and reports
- Post all journal entries to the General Ledger and reconcile accordingly
- Manage & record day-to-day transactions including bi-weekly payroll entry
- Reconcile and roll balance sheet accounts
- Explain P&L and BS variance to budget
- Prepare profitability analysis by customer & product line
- Report variance to standards
- Prepare weekly & monthly data reporting for management
- Assist Operations in evaluating production performance to standard
- Analysis and reporting for manufacturing costs incurred including overhead absorption and other manufacturing related variances.
Ensure monthly reconciliation of Sub-ledgers
- Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Accounts Payable
- Work with Operations to ensure weekly cycle counts
- Identify any areas of concern
Oversee and record all fixed asset purchases and monthly depreciation expense according to company policy
- Maintain Company CPAR policy
- Maintain CPAR numbers for each fix asset request
- Record all additional and disposals
Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Purchasing/Receipts/Cut-off
- Assists in resolving any issues with the Purchasing & Receiving Dept.
- Oversee process the weekly cash disbursement
- Act as an integral part of financial audits, bank audits, 401(k) audits and others as needed
Manage a team of 1. Prior experience preferred but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interact with staff members and workers in a professional and ethical manner
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Anticipate potential problems as they develop and communicate such to Controller
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting or Finance. At least two or more years accounting experience including month end close process, preparation of financial statements or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of accounting principles. Knowledge of state/federal tax issues. Superior computer skills to include Windows-based accounting software, strong Excel skills, Word, Outlook.
CPS (an Exyte Group Company) is a group of manufacturing and design companies providing innovative product solutions to the semiconductor, life science, chemical processing, gas systems, wastewater, mining, power generation and other industries. We provide a broad range of products & services including liquid, chemical, and gas storage, blending, and delivery control, pre-fabricated high purity process utility modules, corrosive fume exhaust duct, and airflow control devices. With the breadth of our product offerings and
engineering capabilities we can offer broad turnkey solutions or targeted niche products depending on our customer’s needs and desires.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Birthday Recognition, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- Portland, OR, USA