Human Resources - Senior Payroll/Accounting Specialist
**COVID-19 Vaccination Preferred**
The Payroll Specialist position is responsible for processing payroll for all hourly employees on a weekly basis. The Payroll Clerk works closely with the Payroll Manager and Human Resources to ensure payroll is posted timely and accurately. We preform WEEKLY payroll for 500+ employees in Michigan and other states.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBLITIES (but not limited to)
- Ensures that all managers/supervisors approve timecards weekly for hourly employees.
- Responsible for inputting payroll data with procedures, policies and timelines clearly specified.
- Responds to general inquiries from employees, government agencies and department personnel, as required.
- Resolves payroll problems and corrects errors timely.
- Reviews and monitors payroll summaries for data integrity, accuracy, and completeness.
- Processes wage garnishments and deductions from an employee’s weekly pay.
- Utilizes reports and other data necessary to report on statistics involving payroll and employee information.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Payroll Manager and Human Resources
SPECIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate’s degree or higher in accounting/finance preferred)
- 1-2 years minimum payroll experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with payroll and timekeeping systems (preference will be given to candidates with Ceridian experience)
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of rules and regulations concerning payroll administration.
- Must be very self-directed and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills'
- Job Family OFF
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, May 2, 2022
- Crown Corporate, 3 Park Lane Blvd., Dearborn, Michigan, United States of America