02 - Senior Project Architect
Summary of Position:
As the Project Architect, you will be responsible for designing and managing architectural projects from conception to completion. You will apply your experience in field observation, building materials, specifications, construction techniques with building codes, and zoning. As part of a multi-disciplined firm, he/she will be coordinating with MEP, Site/Civil and Structural Engineers, as well as Construction Project Managers. You will be responsible for the production of architectural construction documents while adhering to client requirements, code requirements and site adjustments.
· Conduct site visit investigations and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
· Produce design plans, calculations and reports with limited direction.
· Coordinate with sub-consultants.
· Provide client interaction support.
· Establish and maintain phase and task level budgets.
· Schedule project phases and tasks.
· Schedule production staff and lead them through tasks.
· Coordinate and assist with addendums, RFIs, and change orders.
· Assist in coordinating the work of a multi-disciplined team throughout the design development and contract document phases of a project.
· Organize and maintain project files.
· Maintain documentation for billable hours.
· Demonstrate an understanding of liability issues related to design.
· Demonstrate an understanding of constructability and complex design.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required, Master’s degree a plus.
· 4+ years of architecture production, preferably with commercial projects such as retail or restaurants
· Licenses: Architectural Registration required, LEED a plus
· Strong organization and communication skills
· Software: AutoCAD, MS Office, Photoshop and Adobe; Revit and SketchUp a plus
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- Job End Date Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Watertown, MA, USA