Summary of Position:
The Accounting Manager will manage accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This person will manage processes to include billing, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, monthly closing of accounts and assist in financial reporting. This person will develop and help shape standards for all functions of the accounting department. This person is a member of the CSI accounting team and reports directly to the Division Controller – CSI.
· Manage and oversee a team of project accountants.
· Manage and review monthly billing and revenue recognition.
· Prepare detailed journal entries and account analysis for proper coding in accordance with GAAP.
· Ensure and establish consistency of accounting processes and procedures.
· Assist in the preparation of external audits to ensure successful audit requests and compliance including workers comp audits, government audits, etc.
· Prepare and manage the accuracy of monthly payroll and intercompany journal entries.
· Interact with all levels of operations to produce timely, efficient and an accurate month end close for financial reporting.
· Assist with the compilation of information for preparation of tax returns and other requests from CPA.
· Manage, prepare and/or review of monthly journal entries, g/l account balance and intercompany reconciliations, and bank reconciliations.
· Assists with the monthly closing process including preparing or reviewing adjusting entries, account reconciliations and analysis, and assist in producing internal financial statements in a timely manner.
· Assist in the review and implementation of software updates or integration.
· Train, develop and mentor direct reports towards professional improvement and development.
· Provide feedback to direct reports throughout the year through one-on-one meetings.
· Respond and/or coordinate the response to ad hoc requests from management and operations.
· Assist the operations team to calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
· Complete other special projects, as needed.
· Experience: 10+ years of accounting experience, preferably with an engineering, architecture and/or construction firm
· Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Licenses: CPA a plus
· Travel: None
· Software: Experience with the construction/engineering/architecture industry specific accounting software preferred; experience with Deltek Vision Software a big plus; intermediate to advanced MS Excel and MS Word
· Other: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization skills, team player, interpersonal skills, ability to multitask and attention to detail.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Duluth, GA, USA