North Carolina Digital Organizer
Company: Scale for Change
Job Title: Digital Organizer
Location: North Carolina
Scale for Change, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Scale for Change envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
Scale for Change is seeking a Digital Organizer to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood Votes! South Atlantic (PPVSAT) team. The Digital Organizer will develop content and programming to mobilize and train volunteers to take action with PPVSAT volunteer teams. Priorities will include developing and facilitating volunteer training, building an online community for volunteers statewide, and communicating with new volunteer prospects and leads. The Digital Organizer is also responsible for building and maintaining a culture within the volunteer team that welcomes and supports the diversity of PPVSAT volunteers. The candidate should feel comfortable or open to learning how to run a data-driven program that values testing and innovation.
If you’re fired up and ready to organize, we urge you to apply.
- Recruit volunteers, absorb volunteer interest, and mobilize volunteers via multiple online platforms.
- Create innovative engagement strategies to motivate volunteers in a virtual environment.
- Train and support volunteer team members to complete weekly volunteer activities and tasks.
- Train team leaders on how to facilitate and run statewide mobilization calls and digital organizing training for volunteers across the state.
- Work with PPVSAT Organizing leadership to break overall goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines and work plans, and produce reports to tell the story of your team’s progress.
- Utilize digital tools such as Signal, Hustle, and Impactive to recruit, organize, and continuously engage a distributed volunteer network.
- Support managing the virtual volunteer workspace, such as Signal, to engage with and support volunteer team members and volunteer leaders.
- Ensure client and organizational satisfaction and completion of all program goals and obligations.
Applicants for this position should bring the following knowledge, abilities, and attitude:
- Experience running field or digital organizing programs, volunteer training or volunteer management.
- Expertise setting goals and deadlines and coaching volunteers to meet goals or deadlines.
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to read a report and incorporate learnings and findings.
- Understands or open to learning VAN voter database software, Hustle, Slack, Excel, Impactive, and Google Suite.
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and often.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building relationships and engaging with new people.
- Maintain a positive, can do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
We especially encourage applications from people who bring some of these additional skills or experiences:
- Excited to scale and grow volunteer teams statewide.
- Believes we have a unique opportunity to organize and mobilize virtual action in these unprecedented times.
- Has worked with volunteers, particularly those who are young people and/or Black, Indigenous, People of Color.
- Values centering equity and working collaboratively in teams with different stakeholders.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
This is a full-time, exempt, entry-level position with Scale for Change, with an annual base salary of $60,000. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of November 15, 2022.
Please apply on our website at scaleforchange.org/get-hired/ We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
Scale for Change, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Scale for Change, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- North Carolina, USA