Organization: Scale for Change
Title: Minnesota Canvasser
Location: Hennepin County, City of Bloomington, Minnesota
Scale for Change, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from, and building for the communities they serve.
Scale for Change envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities, and feel radical joy, vulnerability, and empowerment.
About the Position
Scale for Change is seeking enthusiastic Canvassers to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota Action Fund’s outreach campaign.
As a Canvasser, you will travel door to door to talk about Planned Parenthood issue campaigns. You will be responsible for having a certain number of conversations per day. You will not fundraise. If you’re fired up and ready to organize in your community, we urge you to apply!
This is an entry-level role. In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work door-to-door or in high-traffic areas to talk to community members about Planned Parenthood issue campaigns.
- Track and report on your conversations daily in the VAN database system.
- There is no formal education requirement for this position.
- Must have physical stamina to stand/walk for long periods (up to 6 hours per day) while meeting and talking to people.
- Has strong ties in the community you are applying to work.
- Comfortable with, knowledgeable of, and enthusiastic about discussing topics related to sexual and reproductive health, politics, and public policy.
- Flexibility to work weekdays and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to memorize and recite scripts and statements prepared and provided by Scale.
- Ability to collect information such as name, zip code, phone number and/or email address for others to follow up and for quality control.
- Consistently meet daily and weekly conversation goals.
- Understand how to use a tablet/phone to sign up for shifts and to track and submit data.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
- Good time management skills to fulfill goals within a specific period.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Previous experience with data entry and reporting functions.
- Previous paid or volunteer canvass experience (including Census outreach work).
- Telemarketing or retail marketing experience.
- Social service or organizing experience.
Salary and Benefits:
This is an hourly position with Scale for Change, with an hourly rate of $20. Based on performance, there is an opportunity to be promoted to a lead position that pays $22/hour. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of June 25, 2022.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply. We also strongly encourage candidates in healthcare or public health experience, including but not limited to - community health workers (CHWs), nurses, students, and other similar professions, to apply.
Scale for Change, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Scale for Change, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Bloomington, MN, USA