Michigan Volunteer Manager
Job Title: Volunteer Manager, Michigan Reproductive Freedom for All Ballot Initiative
Location: Grand Rapids, MI/ Southeast MI
About Scale for Change
Scale for Change, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from, and building for the communities they serve.
Scale for Change envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities, and feel radical joy, vulnerability, and empowerment.
About the Position
Scale for Change is seeking Volunteer Managers to serve as a part of the Michigan Reproductive Freedom for All Ballot Initiative campaign.
The Volunteer Manager will own the recruitment, management, and training of volunteers to maximize the committee’s ability to collect and cure ballot signatures ahead of the July 13, 2022 deadline.
If you’re ready to organize your community, we urge you to apply.
In this manager-level role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with field leadership to develop and implement all components of a volunteer mobilization operation in a key area.
- Own the process of recruitment, training, management, and coaching of volunteers.
- Generate new activists and volunteers through organizing, outreach, and special event efforts.
- Plan and recruit for volunteer events.
- Create a plan to break down campaign-wide goals into daily and weekly benchmarks for your region.
- Implement rigorous quality control measures to ensure high-quality data and program performance.
- Write weekly reports and lead client meetings to report on progress to goal, trends from the field, and overall program performance.
- Advance community coalition building for race, gender, social, and health equity.
- Create a positive office environment with high volunteer morale.
- Has strong ties in the community you are applying to work.
- Comfortable with, knowledgeable of, and enthusiastic about discussing topics related to sexual and reproductive health, politics, and public policy.
- Prior community organizing experience (paid, volunteer, or internship) for at least one cycle.
- Proven volunteer management and coaching experience as a volunteer leader, organizer, or canvass manager.
- Clear and concise communication with clients, team members, and senior management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to break a large project into daily and weekly benchmarks and be accountable for canvass performance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and find answers when issues arise and ask questions/seek clarification as needed.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work.
- Maintains a positive, can-do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce and with/for communities of color.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Licensed driver with access to a vehicle.
- Able to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19, in accordance with company policy.
- Has developed campaign or field plans (strategies to accomplish a goal).
- Demonstrated success in meeting goals and expectations and managing others to goals.
- Experience managing logistics or office operations.
- Has led trainings or facilitated workshops.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, mid-level position with Scale for Change, with an annual base salary of $60,000. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement of up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of November 11, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website at scaleforchange.org/get-hired. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
Scale for Change, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Grand Rapids, MI, USA