Nevada Rapid Response Organizer
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Title: Rapid Response Senior Organizer
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
Over the next 12 months, numerous attacks will likely be made on access to healthcare at the federal level and in state legislatures across the country. Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (Planned Parenthood) are partnering with Community Outreach Group to staff six to ten Rapid Response Senior Organizers to help fight back and protect access to reproductive care in key states.
Community Outreach Group is seeking highly motivated candidates to serve as Rapid Response Senior Organizers. You will work in close coordination with Planned Parenthood’s national campaigns team and deploy to target states to help seize key moments, organize supporters, win state legislative fights, and build power for Planned Parenthood and the reproductive freedom movement. Each Rapid Response Senior Organizer will be assigned to a region of the country and will work with Planned Parenthoods existing infrastructure to develop and execute campaign plans in their assigned states. Rapid Response Senior Organizers will deploy to a single state for a several month assignment, and be responsible for driving the work on the ground in that placement. This is an in-person organizing position.
Rapid Response Senior Organizers report to a Program Director at the Community Outreach Group. While every assignment will be different, campaign elements might include direct constituent contact, volunteer engagement, building coalitions, and planning or managing events like press conferences or rallies.
Rapid Response Senior Organizers will be based in their home regions and work remotely between deployments. While deployed, all travel costs will be covered by the Community Outreach Group.
Each deployment will be different, but work may include:
- Working with Planned Parenthood Regional Campaigns Director, Community Outreach Group Program Director, and affiliates to craft and hone campaign plans
- Recruiting, training, and managing volunteers who will participate in phone banking, door-to-door canvassing, and community events such as house parties, town hall meetings, press conferences, or rallies.
- Engaging in direct constituent contact through canvasses, phone banks and other campaign events.
- Executing a region-wide outreach program.
- Building coalition support through organizing partners.
- Generating public awareness and support through grassroots outreach.
- Training and mentoring of existing affiliate-based organizers.
- These positions are appropriate for mid-to-senior level organizers. Organizers must have completed at least one electoral or advocacy campaign.
- Candidates must have a knowledge of and strong commitment to progressive causes. Knowledge of reproductive health issues is a plus.
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills, experience meeting deadlines, and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills.
- Experience managing and holding others responsible to quantitative and qualitative goals is a plus – especially experience managing volunteers or coalition partners.
- A general understanding of setting goals, selecting targets, and measuring progress is necessary.
- Experience with VAN database management is a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Excel is required.
- Ability to drive your own vehicle or a rented vehicle is required.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, senior-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $60,000 - $65,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a temporary position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Job Family Salaried Non-Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Nevada, USA