Arizona Canvass Manager
Company: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Arizona Canvass Manager
Position Term: Temporary
Location: Maricopa County, Pima County & Pinal County
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from, and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities, and feel radical joy, vulnerability, and empowerment.
About the Position
Community Outreach Group is seeking an enthusiastic Arizona Canvass Manager to serve as a part of Our Voice, Our Vote’s electoral outreach campaign.
The Canvass Manager will supervise 1 Deputy Canvass Manager as well as a team of hourly canvassers and team leaders. As a Canvass Manager, you will hold responsibility for the day-to-day management of the canvassing office, including taking primary responsibility for meeting goals, managing staff, payroll, recruitment, supporting team leaders, training, office culture, and environment, turf, reporting, and quality control. Some of these duties will be delegated to supporting staff. If you’re fired up and ready to organize your community, we urge you to apply.
In this manager-level role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with field leadership to develop and implement all components of a strategic canvassing operation in a key area.
- Own the process of recruitment, hiring, training, management, and coaching of support staff and canvassers.
- Create a canvassing plan to break down campaign-wide goals into daily and weekly benchmarks.
- Write and make adjustments to the program script to ensure optimal performance.
- Implement rigorous quality control measures to ensure high-quality data and program performance.
- Analyze daily Civis reports tracking progress to goals and program performance, and provide solutions as needed.
- Lead client meetings to report on progress to goal, trends from the field, and overall program performance.
- Has strong ties in the community you are applying to work.
- Comfortable with, knowledgeable of, and enthusiastic about discussing topics related to sexual and reproductive health, politics, and public policy.
- Prior community organizing experience (paid, volunteer, or internship) for at least one cycle.
- Proven staff management and coaching experience as a volunteer leader, organizer, or canvass manager.
- Clear and concise communication with clients, team members, and senior management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to break a large project into daily and weekly benchmarks and be accountable for canvass performance.
- Proficient with VAN including managing and cutting turf.
- Ability to read a report and take action.
- Ability to troubleshoot and find answers when issues arise and ask questions/seek clarification as needed.
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work.
- Maintains a positive, can-do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce and with/for communities of color.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Licensed driver with access to a vehicle.
- Has developed campaign or field plans (strategies to accomplish a goal).
- Demonstrated success in meeting goals and expectations and managing others to goals.
- Experience with hiring and budget management.
- Experience managing logistics or office operations.
- Has led trainings or facilitated workshops.
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, mid-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $58,000-$62,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement of up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of August 5, 2022 and a possible extension through November 11, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Arizona, USA