Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Project Manager
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from, and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities, and feel radical joy, vulnerability, and empowerment.
Planned Parenthood Action Fund is partnering with Community Outreach Group to hire a phone bankers to drive turnout when the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization Supreme Court of the United States ruling is issued. While the exact date is unknown, the decision is expected to be announced in late June 2022.
About the Position:
The Project Manager will manage a team of Senior Call Time Managers and Rapid Response Organizers to ensure the success of the rapid response mobilization in response to the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization Supreme Court.
This role will recruit, hire, train, and manage Senior Call Time Managers and Rapid Response Organizers who will lead efforts to secure commitments of supporters to mobilize on the Decision Day. Additionally, the Project Manager will be assigned metrics for each region and will be responsible for managing their team to success.
The call center staff will call and text Planned Parenthood Action Fund and coalition partner supporter lists to inform supporters on the decision timeline and obtain commitments to receive information on local events.
The organizing staff will drive coalition outreach to securing turnout commitments from in-state coalition partners, and potentially support event execution on the ground.
This position will ensure both program components are aligned and supporting the overall program goals. This position will also report out on progress to goal, lead narrative reporting on the program, and represent Community Outreach Group in regular client meetings.
The Project Manager reports to the Program Director at the Community Outreach Group. The position is tentatively scheduled to last through July 6, 2022.
- Ensure client and organizational satisfaction and completion of all program goals and obligations
- Lead and oversee the process of recruiting, hiring, and training Senior Call Time Managers, Rapid Response Organizers, and additional program staff as needed in multiple regions across the country
- Supervise Senior Call Time Managers and Rapid Response Organizers by setting clear goals, developing work plans, acting as a coach and mentor to ensure employee development and by conducting regular check-ins
- Work with program leadership to break overall regional goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines, work plans, progress to goals, and produce qualitative reports to tell the story the program’s progress
- Provide updates and build out strategy by conducting weekly client and partnership communications
- Work with coalition partners and key stakeholders to develop and execute a cooperative campaign strategy
- Expertise developing and leading organizing and/or call center programs (knowledge of both paid and volunteer programs preferred)
- Expertise setting goals and deadlines for other people, and coaching teams to meet those goals or deadlines
- Experience training and onboarding staff
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to read a report and take action
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and often, and manage diverse personalities and expectations
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, prioritize, and navigate competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort meeting and talking with new people
- Maintain a positive, can do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend
- Knows how to use VAN voter database software, Excel, and/or Google Suite
- Reliable internet connection to ensure remote work that supports joining video meetings
- Ability to work within a team and independently based on employer requirements
- Good time management skills to fulfill goals within a specific period
There is no formal education requirement for this position.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, senior-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $70,000 - $75,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of July 6, 2022.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal