Call Time Manager
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Title: Call Time Manager
Location: Remote, United States
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
Planned Parenthood Action Fund is partnering with Community Outreach Group to hire a Call Time Manager to drive turnout when the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization Supreme Court of the United States ruling is issued. While the exact date is unknown, the decision is expected to be announced in late June 2022.
Community Outreach Group is seeking a highly motivated candidate to serve as Call Time Manager. You will work in close coordination with Planned Parenthood Action Fund’s team to drive supported turnout to local actions, through managing a recruitment focused call center. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the phone banking staff, including taking primary responsibility for meeting goals, supervising staff, recruitment, hiring, training, office culture and environment, reporting, and quality control.
Call Time Managers report a Senior Call Time Manager at the Community Outreach Group.
The position is tentatively scheduled to last through July 2, 2022.
- Oversee the completion of calls and texts to recruit supporters for local mobilizations in response to the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization Supreme Court of the United States ruling.
- Own the process of recruiting, hiring, and training of call time leads and phone bankers, all of whom will be remote.
- Supervise call time leads by setting clear goals, developing work plans, acting as a coach and mentor to ensure employee development and by conducting regular check-ins .
- Work with program leadership to break overall regional goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines, work plans, progress to goals, and produce qualitative reports to tell the story of your state's progress.
- Analyze daily and weekly reports to track progress to goals and implement rigorous quality control measures.
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with client and/or partners.
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with advocacy or electoral campaigns
- Familiarity with or excitement to learn the use of data to set goals and measure progress
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work without direct supervision
- Staff management experience as a volunteer leader, organizer, or manager
- Ability to set goals and deadlines for other people, and helped them meet those goals or deadlines
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Experience administering human resources and payroll
- Has led trainings or facilitated workshops
- Knows how to use the VAN voter database software, Excel, and/or Google Suite
- Experience with hiring and budget management
- Reliable internet connection to ensure remote work that supports joining video meetings
There is no formal education requirement for this position. Candidates bilingual in Spanish and English are highly encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, senior-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $57,500 - $62,500 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of July 6, 2022.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal