Thermal - Distribution Engineer
Job Title Distribution Engineer Position Type Full-Time Department Thermal/Minneapolis/Operations FLSA Status Non-Exempt Pay for this position is $44.34 per hour.
Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the Distribution Engineer is responsible for conducting inspections and performing maintenance on the district energy steam and chilled water distribution system, while observing and complying with all safety requirements. The primary objective is safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the distribution system.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of the entire Energy Center Minneapolis distribution system.
• Conduct cathodic protection system inspections and perform necessary maintenance to assure system is operating properly.
• Provide technical advice and training to other personnel assigned to distribution system inspection and maintenance work; ensure that safety requirements are followed.
• Maintain distribution system maintenance records and spare parts inventory; make recommendations
to plant management regarding parts to be ordered.
• Monitor distribution system maintenance and documentation to assure that tasks are being properly completed. Report problems and provide advice to plant management.
• Interface with contractors performing work on distribution system installation and maintenance work; in cooperation with I&C department, monitor installation of new customer meters.
• Perform utility locates
• Perform other duties as assigned by plant management (i.e., operator shift work, plant maintenance, facility cleaning, customer meter reading, etc.).
Experience and Education
• At least five (5) years’ operations, maintenance, and/or distribution system experience.
• Must have a State of Minnesota First Class “A” Operating Engineer’s License (or obtain within 2 years).
• Background in steam and chilled water operation, including, thermal expansion of piping, operation of traps, expansion joints, cathodic protection systems, PRV’s, etc.
Knowledge and Skills
• Ability to advise and train other personnel assigned to distribution system inspection and maintenance.
• Knowledgeable and experienced in the hazards of energizing steam and chilled water lines.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in adverse climate conditions, including working in confined spaces for extended periods
- Job Family Union
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $92,227.00
- Minneapolis, MN, USA