Thermal - O&M Engineer - Boiler Operator
Job Title Operations and Maintenance Engineer Position Type Full-Time Department Thermal/Minneapolis/Operations
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Summary: Reporting to the Operations Manager or the Maintenance Manager, the O&M Engineer provides ongoing operations and maintenance of district heating and cooling plants, while observing and complying with all safety requirements. The primary objective is to safely and efficiently operate and maintain boilers, chillers, and auxiliary equipment.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
• Review and become familiar with the Main Plant, standby plants, remote plants, and distribution system.
• Place in service primary and auxiliary equipment for proper operation of the plant, take the necessary steps to protect personnel and equipment from harm in the event of an emergency situation.
• Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on plant equipment as directed.
• Complete all necessary logs, records, chemistry, maintenance documentation and plant paperwork as required.
• See that all workstations are maintained in good order.
• Perform other duties as assigned by plant management (i.e., facility cleaning, customer meter reading, etc.).
Requirements Experience and Education:
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of steady work experience, working with steam and chilled water equipment, steam turbines and water pumps.
• Must have or must get within two (2) years a State of Minnesota First Class “A” Operating Engineer’s License.
• High School diploma or equivalent..
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge and experience in working with steam and chilled water equipment, steam turbines and water pumps.
• Ability to work 12 hour rotating shifts.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in adverse climate conditions.
- Job Family Union
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $90,792.00
- Minneapolis, MN, USA