Control Operator - Power Plan Mechanic III
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Power Plant Control Operator-Maintenance Tech III is responsible for day to day operations, preventative maintenance and repair of the Energy Center Phoenix at Arizona State University Facilities and remote operations of Energy Center Tucson. The primary objective is to ensure the plants are operated with regard to the priorities in order: Safety, Reliability and Efficiency.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas
- Understand system operating requirements, identify trends, perform routine analysis, and make recommendations for operating adjustments.
- Identify abnormal operating and equipment conditions, perform required routine and corrective maintenance activities, and troubleshoot and repair electrical and/or mechanical equipment.
- Track and log operational system status using applicable journals and control system tools.
- Identify, report and address safety hazards.
- Follow plant operational procedures to ensure the accomplishment of reliability goals and production requirements.
- Maintain competency in the operations of local and remote plant facilities in conjunction with maintaining the electrical and mechanical equipment and facilities to ensure unplanned outages are prevented.
- Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) effectively to accomplish required maintenance in an efficient and organized manner.
- Make recommendations to enhance plant reliability and performance.
- Perform other duties as required.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma.
- Five years of operation and/or maintenance and troubleshooting experience with cogeneration and/or central heating and cooling plants.
- Possess knowledge of district energy systems, large tonnage chillers and/or combustion turbine generators.
Knowledge and Skills
- Adjusts quickly to change: remains flexible and productive in times of continuing change. Supports and champions change processes.
- Gathers data; identifies issues; relates and compares; identifies cause-effect; interprets different viewpoints; determines and takes a course of action after identifying and developing possible consequences.
- Seeks, acquires and promptly applies new knowledge and skills, including interpersonal skills, new technology, business-related information and emerging industry practices.
- Generates creative solutions to work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities. Develops systems or work processes to increase efficiency production.
- Works effectively independently and with others throughout the organization (including coworkers, supervisors, peers in other units and senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Self-driven; actively seeks out and pursues opportunities to improve themselves and their surroundings.
- Job Family Prof. (Plant)
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $28.00
- Max Hiring Rate $32.00
- Tempe, AZ, USA