Thermal - Lead Instrument & Controls Technician
The Lead I & C ensures that plant electrical equipment is serviced, maintained, and repaired as recommended by the Original Equipment Manufacturer’s maintenance manuals. This responsibility is carried out not only by the Lead I & C Technician directly, but also through the supervision and training of I & C Technicians and others who perform work on plant equipment.
The Lead I & C Technician reports to the Plant Manager.
The Lead I & C works daylight shift (7 AM – 3 PM on weekdays) and overtime as required by the demands of the job and is paid according to the current Union (International Union of Operating Engineers Affiliated with the AFL-CIO Local No. 95-95A) contract.
The following list of duties is not all inclusive and is meant to serve as a guide for the scope of work to be carried out by the Lead I & C Tech.
- Supervises or conducts calibration on all plant instrumentation
- Cover Operations and Maintenance positions as required
- Mentor I & C Technicians to improve their knowledge, skills, and effectiveness.
- Assign to and assist with job duties for I & C Technicians and monitor progress.
- Evaluate job performance of I & C Technicians.
- Supervise and safety train contractors.
- Lead by example to maintain all electrical areas of the plant in a neat, clean, and organized manner.
- Produce, maintain, and manage all plant electrical maintenance and repair records in accordance with federal, state, local, environmental, corporate, and insurance requirements.
- Support Operations, Maintenance and Distribution departments as required.
- Participate in Clearway Energy’s Safety Program which includes routine inspections, walk-downs and tailboards, employee training, conducting SPS’s, creating JSA’s, participating in incident investigations, serving on the safety committee, and being responsible for your plant assigned safety policies.
- Participate in Clearway’s Environmental Program which includes the responsibilities as a member of the Waste Reduction Task Force, the Construction Committee, conducting walk-downs, inspections, training, and communications.
- Comply and reinforce compliance with all Clearway Energy Safety and Environmental Policies.
- Supervises all Emergency Generator maintenance, inspections or repairs
- Supervises or conducts all Emergency Service Switchgear repairs or maintenance
- Supervises or conducts all UPS system repairs or maintenance including station batteries and power supplies
- Responsible for plant associated ancillary equipment located at UPMC Mercy facility with electrical troubleshooting/maintenance, calibration and inspection duties.
- Obtain a working knowledge of plant and customer meter room equipment.
- Minimum 5 years industrial plant electrical troubleshooting and maintenance with equivalent technical supervisory and project management experience.
- Experience with commercial and/or industrial heating, emergency diesel generators, 4160/480-volt switchgear, PLC controls, and District Energy systems preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to lead and direct maintenance staff.
- Job Family Union
- Pay Type Hourly
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA